Wednesday, February 22, 2012

For Lent

For Lent I am giving up: Facebook and  pop, soda, whatever you call it. I call it pop. Although I've weaned myself to only about a 6oz glass a day. With none it might get pretty ugly soon. I bought some Moroccan spice tea that I am going to fill my caffeine fix with ( even though it is caffeine free).
Hubs gave up Popcorn. That is his vice. He's a popcorn freak. We have a commercial popcorn maker, like the movie theatre. He said he couldn't give up pop, because we don't drink coffee, it's his caffeine. He said with no popcorn, he's likely to not drink a lot of pop.

My goal this Lent is to try & make it to 2 weekday masses.
With the extra time not spending on FB.. I have a list of things I would like to accomplish:
finish business taxes for the accountant
finish personal taxes for the accountant
prepare for my rel ed kids confirmation retreat
paint spare bedroom
install new floor in spare bedroom (need hubs help, but since he won't be dining on popcorn, he should have some free time)
work on scrapbooking ( really bad here, still working on big Italian vacation from 2004)
Reading some books
Start some tomato plants inside - from seeds

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are giving up some good, hard things. Pop is hard. I'm giving up french fries myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete