Wednesday, April 25, 2012
monkeys
Tonight after work, I am picking up my 2 nephews. They are 2 1/2 & 4 months. I have a new appreciation for parents after trying to install 2 carseats into my SUV last night. I don't know how I would ever get 3 car seats in. I guess if it hadn't been dark, and being extremely exhausted, it wouldn't have been so bad. It took me like 45 minutes to get everything adjusted. The car seat for the 4 month old is brand new, & was adjusted for a tiny infant. He seems like a tank at 16 lbs. Thank goodness, I didn't just throw the car seats in the back seat & try to install them at daycare pickup. Thankfully I got up early this morning , so I will take off a little earlier than normal to trek across town & back to our side of town. What's even cooler, is the 2 1/2 year old, can now say my husbands name.. so he can run around for a couple hours & holler,, uncle muck , uncle muck.. well in his language that's my husbands name. Hopefully the 2 of them will go out & play some "bat" outside.. (baseball). Little guy is soo cute, he T.ebows every time he chases after the ball. Given all that's going on with the parents, in the last 2 weeks, my husband has been very good for the 2 little guys..& gives them a ton of attention when they are around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea, I've taken a friend's kiddos out for the evening and 2 car seats is stressful - and I have the latch system in my Jeep, I can't imagine it without that!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are able to enjoy time with your nephews - though I hope all is OK with their parents.
Awww, that's so sweet! I love the little comments and actions of a 2.5 year old. They are so sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteCarseat installation is another story ..... :-)