Monday, July 17, 2017

Clothes are just Clothes

In our neighborhood we have large lots.. 1/2 acre to 1 acres or more.  We aren't right on top of people. We also live right across from a rental house. little tiny house on 1.5 acres.. I never really paid attention to who lived their because they were "just" renters, they werent' putting roots in our community.


So the chatty neighbor K, and I were talking while the kids were playing.. his are 5, and 7.. but they adore Lizzie, so much the girls want their dad to buy a little play scape in their yard for her, even though they can walk the one house over to our yard and play with her on her little play scape in our yard.   So back to chatty K.. he tells, me oh  M & D across the street are moving, ( from the rental house).. and he shared that they were expecting.   Then I notice that M goes to our chiropractor.. and see her there a couple times when we are there.


I notice she needs to be wearing maternity, but is just doing the make do-with what you have look for now. She is off for the summer because school is out. ( does something in schools ).  I think it's easier when you don't really have to "dress" up each day, to wear whatever.


So I walked over one day when I saw her out. Said Hi, I'm K.. a little birdie told me you were expecting.. I said if YOU want, I have a box of maternity clothes that's not being used right now, if you would like to look thru.. she said OMG you are such a blessing.. I have barely anything to wear, and would love to.. So I gathered everything up.. Even my FAVORITE shirt.. the one I wanted to keep and wouldn't sell ( I've tried listing some of the clothes on M2M sites for the last 4/5 months to try and get rid of some. ) yes I gave my maternity clothes away.


IF and that's a big IF .. with IF.. their were too be another, they are just clothes, and they can be replaced. To this person they were a relief in the waistline and the budget.   I should have had a ceremony or something.. retiring them.. but for now, I'll peek out the window in hopes of seeing some of them on the neighbor.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing for you to do!!! At Mass this week, the priest was talking about giving when it is hard or when it hurts and that when giving is a sacrice you are storing up your treasures in heaven. I would say you just earned some heavenly treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her at the Chiropractor yesterday.. wearing a top and capri's that were from the box.. So I know they were appreciated and will get much use. It will be sad in another month when they move, and we don't get to see the outfits.. but I'm sure we will bump into each other at the chiropractor office now.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful thing for you to do!!! At Mass this week, the priest was talking about giving when it is hard or when it hurts and that when giving is a sacrice you are storing up your treasures in heaven. I would say you just earned some heavenly treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story! I love that in that sacrifice you were able to be such a blessing to her.

    ReplyDelete