Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Lessons in Dr. Google.

Lessons in Dr. Google.

With health issues, its not uncommon to search the internet to "see" what might be wrong, or to self diagnose.

Well that self diagnosis went South for me this week.

I had pain in my back.. googled it, went to the chiropractor for an adjustment, all seemed better.  The next morning, pain is back. Went and did another search. Now I think i've got cancer of what organ? not sure but it must be cancer! Endo must have returned! Back to the chiropractor for the "cycle" adjustment. Feel great.. and then 5 hours later not so much. Forge thru another night of insomnia and horrible sleep and my back is starting to itch.

Wake up and looks like I have a huge bite on my side, but from what. Back to the internet and I've convinved myself that I must have been bitten from a brown recluse spider.  Next I must have poison ivy.

Well after another day and half of agonizing pain, I hauled myself into urgent care.

It took the nice kind doctor all of about 3 seconds to say.... you have shingles WHa!

She said did your daughter recently get the vax for it, I said quite possibly we were in 2 weeks ago.. she looked it up and sure enough.. I got shingles because my kid got her vax for chicken pox.

Such is life.. so we've been taking it easy around here.. Shingles is no joke!

5 comments:

  1. Shingles is so crummy! take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little T got a vax for chicken pox at one...did you delay yours? That is interesting that you got shingles because of her vax...I would never thought those things would go hand in hand or effect you like that. Who would of thought? At least little L wont need anohter vax until age 4.

    ReplyDelete