I have gone to school for many years. After many classes for occupations that I didn't pursue, I got my associates years ago, then I started working on my bachelors, and have never completed it. Well folks - the time has come. After disappointing job searches, being told oh you have the experience but not the degree. I have 6 or 7 classes left to complete it and I will have the "degree" to back up the experience.
My daughter thinks its cool mom is in "college" she doesn't think its cool when she has to share the Ipad with mom when she's doing school. Things are so different now. Online -- E-Books -- Professors who lecture from their bedroom.( SMH).
Good for you! With all your experience, having that degree will really help you land a role you'll excel in. It seems so pointless that you have to spend money to get a degree that you probably won't learn much new material that will directly relate to the jobs you want...but having that paper makes a difference!
ReplyDelete