Sunday, November 12, 2017

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth !

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.

Things have been busy.. and then they came to a screeching halt this week.

So maybe-- well I will have more time to write, even if just briefly.

So after 19 1/2 years with my employer, I was let go in their recent downsizing effort.

It is a total shocker to me ! 

We will be okay.. Things like no insurance, stressed me out all weekend.

But in the end somehow God will provide.

It will be nice to be able to stay home at least for the interim with Lizard.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to get on my A-game and resurrect my resume.. and talk to the outplacement service, beef up my L-in profile.



So after 19 years, and knowing many people, and many people seeing me in tears at 5pm packing my desk. ( I only found out at 10 minutes to 5 that I had no job ) .. I am truly seeing who the real friends are.   HR didn't allow anyone to talk with me while I was packing up..   only 2 people checked on me that night and the same checked on me in the morning. 

There were a lot of tears that night and the next day and the next.


19 years isn't a  lot, but it's a lot.   


Bear with me as I figure out what i'll be doing going forward.. so maybe lots of more ramblings soon.

Cheers to more writing soon !


10 comments:

  1. Oh man, I saw that on Insta and I was so hoping that it was a decision you made. Many prayers that your job search is short and your time with Lizzie is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a really heartbreaking experience and will definitely change the way you see friendship and what you take usually for granted. I have been there myself (even if I did not work in the same place for so many years) and it opened my eyes on many issues. May the Lord guide your steps and bless you and your family while you are dealing with these life changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! I hope you can find something very soon. In the meantime, enjoy your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this. 19 years is a long time and how insensitive that they only told you 10 minutes before you were going to leave for the day....that was not very professional. I'll pray as well that you find something else soon and enjoy Lizard. I'm sure she is enjoying having you home too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((Hugs)) and prayers. I can't believe that didn't give you more of a grace period for leaving, I mean 19 1/2 years...that is a huge show of loyalty in this day and age of people changing jobs like they change clothes. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you are having to experience this. Something similar happened to me back when I was pregnant with Joseph and I was working for the Diocese. I prayer that your heart continues to find the light during this time of transition. I love your positive attitude and spending time with Lizard with be provide the best distraction! Hugs friend!!
    I will join you in prayer that you find a company that values you and provides for all of your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still in shock for you. Reading more details, I'm impressed at your lack of anger. I am so sorry. My prayers are with you as you move forward. The extra snuggles with Lizard will certainly help in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your Insta pic, but didn't realize it was so sudden! I figured I was just out of the loop. Hope it's a short turnaround to a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just now seeing this- I’m so sorry! St. Joseph has been so good to us in job and house related prayers- will ask him to intercede for you right now.

    ReplyDelete