I feel much better now. The retreat for my students making confirmation, went off without a hitch today.
We had a great reatreat, lead by a wonderfully young Polish priest. He was very inspiring, to me and to the young men. We actually did 2 very fun activities w/ the confirmandi, that I was happy to put in my file to use again. If you ever need confirmation retreat ideas.. just ask.
When I got home I took a very short nap. We then took my grandmother out to dinner. She just returned after being gone to Florida for the last 2 months. It was her first time heading South for the winter. She is convinced that is why we had a mild winter. Anyways it was fun to take her out, and hear all her stories. She is also a wealth of knowledge & a very good listener.
Hardwook pays off, we got great news from the accountant!!.. We never get good news, but this year !!!Maybe a vacation is in our future !!
I also convinced my hubs to pick a end table & a chair out of the trash last week. He doesn't like picking, but when we got home & got to see it in daylight, he was shocked in how nice the pieces were. Hopefully this week, I can work on refinishing the table top. The chair is in good shape, I just want to recover the fabric on the chair, so that may take a while. Probably a later summer project. B4&After pictures when it's done...
So glad you had the time to get together with your Grandma! Its always fun to do!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such great finds! Isn't amazing what people will throw away?!? I can't wait to see before & after pics!!!!