Monday, September 10, 2012

Vaca to the Cape

So the first vacation I took in August was to visit my little sister -N- on the cape. Flew out there with my sister-E-, her 2 little guys - E&B- & my mom.  I didn't take my camera, cuz there were just too many things to maneuver since the 2 1/2 yr old was my buddy for the trip. Not to worry between N & my mom they took close to 1500 pictures.. I like to take pictures of the surroundings & landscapes. probably 1495 pictures are of my nephews.. they are cute & all but.. I did hijack the camera a couple times to shoot some landscape pictures. 



 
 
The ladies out in the harbor
I'm holding lil B, My sis E, Sis N, lil E & mom
 
While there we stayed with my sister in her new house.  We went to the beach several times.
E did not like the sand, he was constantly cleaning off with water from his sand bucket.

 We mostly ate in.. but ate out several times mostly fish ( and mostly fried ). I tried to stick to my 'special' diet  as much as possible.. So I didn't indulge in fried anything.. :(  I avoided bread, dairy, wheat too. Not soo easy on vacation as it seems.. but since I was going to be gone again after I returned I needed to stick to diet as much as possible. We made some delicious pulled pork ( I enjoyed it sans bun ) First fish place I ended up with a grilled chicken salad, second I had crab cakes.. ( heavenly ). Breakfast was easy.. we went to an Irish breakfast place: eggs, bacon & potatoes!  I finally found  & purchased an Irish flag that hubs has wanted. This is B waiting for breakfast at the Irish place.
 
We went to the Zoo-Quarium.. native animals, fish, sea animals, creatures.   You could pick up & touch most anything. This is N's bf picking up a crab & showing it to E

 
E & E petting the goat.
 
The highlight of the trip was heading out to the tip of the cape to go on a Whale Watch. They are amazing creatures. The boat we were on, was able to follow 4 whales for about 2 hours. We were super close to shore, besides being abou 90 degrees the weather was perfect for it, a nice breeze, and sunny. The whales weren't showing off a whole bunch but we got to see them come up for air & swim around & go back down to play.




We went to restaurant near the dunes & climbed the dunes & saw seals swimming in the ocean.

We were throwing some rocks & coins in the ocean, that we found during the day. Grandpa throws pennies down from heaven for us to catch, so we were sending them back.
 
 


Before we left we took a boat tour of the harbor in H-yannis. We were able to see the K.ennedy compound

T.aylor S.wifts new digs.  TS place has the green awning..

IF you ask E the best part of the trip, he's going to say, the  Firetrucks ( 1st ) then the whales. We met some of my sisters boyfriend's family for ice cream one night, which is conveniently next to the fire station. E was in heaven, not for the ice cream, but for the firetrucks.  After they were done eating ice cream( none for me ) we were looking at the firetrucks from a distance, and the super nice fire-lady, came out & asked if the kids wanted to sit in the firetrucks. She said she was watching them from the front office, just oohing over the firetrucks & said we aren't super busy.. sooo she invited everyone in..  OMG.. they were in heaven. We were there for an hour.

E wanted his picture taken w/ the Fire-Lady..  She gave them hats too !
 
When your aunt doesn't have little kids, dress up and hide & seek are the popular games of the week. E was in heaven! Some of N's friends were nice enough to lend some baby things, like the walker.. B loved it.. by the end of the week he was walking around the appliances in the kitchen on his own. E is going to be a photographer.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: