So we did not announce anything to the family at Thanksgiving about our"peanut".
Hubs is unsure if he wants to mention anything at Christmas, because he remembers all the times that his sisters have dominated the holiday w/ their news, and he doesn't want to take over the holiday with it.. I think it will be fine. I explained to him that I will be very close to not being able to cover it up anymore then too. He would be fine w/ calling everyone in June, saying hey we had a kid.. He would like to go into hiding.. Cuz his family can get a little crazy over a new little one. This will be the 16th grandchild for his family.. but the first w/ the family last name.. so it will be a huge thing.. to them. So if not on Christmas, it will have to be sometime after, because his dad is having surgery to remove cancer on Jan 3. I told him he could absolutely not let him go into surgery not knowing.. I said it will give him one more reason to fight this !!
So if anyone has any good ( cute, unique, unusual ways ) to announce that you are preggo, suggestions are welcome.
Then the next question to come, when to say something at work.. ( I'm thinking when I come back from Christmas vacation ) I'll be 16 weeks then. -- Actually one of my co-workers has figured it out already.. but I swore her to secrecy.. she's been wanting to learn about this NFP stuff, but secretly. Her husband is not 100% on board,, so I have been kinda mentoring her & answering her questions on what she wants to know about it. So she's more in tuned w/ all the female things right now & she called me out on my voluptious bulging shirts.. & trips to the bathroom.. We work with mostly guys.. so they will have no clue.. I could probably go to around 8 months w/ out one of them saying anything.. ( LOL )
So, while I've never gotten to make the announcement, I've got a "plan" for every major holiday, and most minor ones covered :).
ReplyDeleteFor Christmas, since your DH doesn't want to make a big deal out of it, could you do something with his parents a few days beforehand and give them a gift from your peanut (an u/s picture in a "grandbaby" frame or something)? Then allow them to tell the rest of the family (even if it might go over the top what you would do, they can be excited)...this is one thing I've had to come to terms with should we ever get p/g, as I know my mom will be way over-the top :).
I like the idea.
DeleteWe mailed a box with a baby boy outfit to each of our parents since they live out of town for Valentines Day. I would google for some better ideas than mine. There is a ton of cute stuff out there. Pinterest, maybe?
ReplyDeleteRather cheesy, but I brought cinnamon buns and then announced it was because I had a 'bun in the oven'! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Let us know how it goes!