Saturday, December 22, 2012

today..

In light of this weeks events, I am a little behind on my Christmas presents..

 I have 15 nieces & nephews on hubs side. I only have to buy & wrap, for those that are going to be in town.. which is only  7 this year.  5 of them are 5 & under so they get excited to open anything. 

We had Christmas with my cousins today so I had to be ready for gifts for the little ones again.. ( again, only for those present ) ..

I ended up taking my 3 year old nephew shopping with me today, to help finish up my shopping.. ( well most of it ) He surprisingly was the best medicine for me at this time.

Seeing everything in his simple eyes.

I invited him to go out shopping & to lunch; at a restaurant  that is popular because it has a train theme. He was soo thrilled, he dressed up like a train conductor.. the stripped overalls & his thoma.s the train shirt. we talked about Christmas & what it is about. ( at a 3 year old level ) since daddy is not around right now, I asked E if he had got mommy anything for christmas he said no, I said well what do you think might be a nice thing to get mommy.. he said right away.. makeup.. she is pretty.   then we talked & decided to go buy clothes too, something from a "girl" store he said.. & PINK.. he said mommy needs pink.  so we bought some items at the beauty store & a couple of shirts( one pink & one I picked out ) he carried the pink shirt through the entire store for mommy.

He never once.. asked for anything for himself.. 

Surprisingly I think he GOT it.. that it's not always about something for "me" . he got some bubble bath for his little brother too.

3 comments:

  1. That is SO sweet!!! You have a special nephew ... Melts my heart.
    Thinking of you often and sending up prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo sweet, I took the presents over tonight & the first thing he looked for was "mommy" gifts..

      Delete
  2. So sweet! Keeping you close in prayer these days...

    ReplyDelete