Another work story... sorry to bore you with them lately.
While waiting in line for their awesome hand dipped fish & chips; it is very hard to go full gluten/dairy free working in this building, with such a good chef on hand.
So back to the waiting in line. Overhear the 2 people in front of me, talking.. conversation goes something like this.
Man: Doesn't Jenna (chef) make the best fish & chips.
Woman: Yes
Man: Wonder if there has been a sale on fish.
Woman: I wonder?? I see a lot of churches having fish fries.
Man: the food companies do a good job of marketing fish, if they can get churches to make up events to sell their over abundance of fish.
Woman: I wonder why they only do them on Friday's.
Chef brings out the last 6 pieces of fish, she says we'll order more for next friday.
Since it was a VP - whom I thought would be a little more worldly.. I kept my mouth shut.
The whole explaining lent would have made my fish cold too..
LOL! I would have laughed so hard while in line. How do people not know that its Lent and all these places are advertising fish now?! Haha!
ReplyDeleteIt was ridiculuous..
DeleteOh, wow. That's just all kinds of crazy.
ReplyDeleteWow. That is shocking to me. I can't believe that full grown adults don't know about Lent--no matter what faith tradition (or lack thereof) they were raised with.
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! I can't believe people don't know what Lent is. Seriously?!? They've never met a Catholic before? I doubt that. :-)
ReplyDelete