I mentioned briefly that my grandmother ( my dad's mom ) was not doing well last week.
She finally passed on Friday, the 28th.
I am happy that she has made it to the place she's wanted to be. Since my grandfather passed 12 years ago & then my dad 11 years ago, she's never been happy about being "left " here.
My aunts & uncles on the other hand could not come to grips that she was ready to die and to let her go peacefully, and have put her through a battery of tests, procedures, with the inevitable being she was ready to go and would die.
I'm sad she's gone, but not for all the headache she has put us through in the last 11 years. she was never the grandmother that would offer to watch us as kids, she never remembered our birthday's, Christmas, or any other holiday for that matter. Her house, the museum, was to be adored & not touched.
My aunts & uncles in her last days, could not come to agreement on anything, they have to live with their ridiculous ways, antics and nonsense; instead of spending quality time with her.
My siblings & I have always been guilted into going to see her, at least 1 x a month; even though my grandmother would have nothing nice to say to us, or tell us how mean our mother was. My cousins, you were lucky to have seen her 1 x in the last 5 years.
Aunts & uncles are already throwing her stuff away, pilfering through things looking for valuables, and were zillowing, the value of her house before she had passed. They've made quite clear, that since my dad is already gone. That we won't see anything of my grandma's regardless of what the will says. My one aunt, was very rude & took things of my dads, that were not hers & went & sold them, to pay for a party she wanted to hold; telling everyone it's what my dad would have wanted ( completely the opposite of his wishes ).
My siblings were sent a text yesterday.. ( not even a call ) TELLING us, we would be reading the prayers of the faithful ( at the "memorial" service ) which is not happening for another 2 weeks. ( to convenience the aunts & uncles schedules ) For one they don't even know it is called a "mass" and second of all, the aunts planning the mass are not practicing catholics. So I can't even imagine the debacle it will be.
Don't get me started, as to why the priest hasn't advised them better; I'm sure they are going to want to "scatter" her ashes too, since they cremated her & don't want to purchase a burial plot.
Sorry way to many emotions going on, but trying to keep my blood pressure in check.
I am sorry K. I will pray for the repose of her soul. Pax in requiem!
ReplyDelete