Monday, September 28, 2015

Butterflies

Went for labs in Friday. New lady working in the lab. I asked what happened to "S" super nice lab lady who'd been there forever. New lady replied, no one like her. Hmmpff. 

Okay

So I asked for a butterfly, because I have small veins. Got a snarky we don't have any!! 

Should have been my indication to leave, but she assured she had a small enough needle that would work, just as good. (Wrong) she was super confident that I did not need a butterfly to draw my blood. ( hmm ) I've only known me for 40 years, you think you know me in 1.5 minutes.


She blew my vein, with vials still to go, and none of the important stuff done, so she had to go into the other hand. Ouch!!

I will be finding a new lab. I also wrote a "lovely" review for them. 

Moral of the story. Something don't feel right, go with your gut. You don't need to be bruised for someone's ego. 



4 comments:

  1. I need butterfly needles as well....and so far the labs have had them. I also have one good vein that usually works...not everyone can find this vein and often poke me many times before starting back to find the vein I told them that works. It's kind of funny. I've been told NOT to donate blood for the needles they use are too big and would not work for me. It's a good thing there are other things I can donate. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't give blood anymore for the exact reason. I do bloodwork out of my hand, cuz the veins are the best there.

      Delete
  2. Really. I just don't understand why some lab techs are so horrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh best part, she had just won the lottery. I told her she should have stayed home.

      Delete