Thursday, September 24, 2015

Offer it Up

The gaps in blog posts are not intentional..

As the story goes, things are busy..   yada, yada, yada.



I stopped by a friends house after work to drop off games for the parish festival this weekend.

I could sense something was up ... I "assumed" she was going to tell me she was pregnant.  The gap between kids.. ( she has 3 boys ) was showing signs of another on the way.

I was shocked when tears came to her eyes.  She said. I just want to tell you ( her voice got softer ) that we lost a baby this last week; she was 7 weeks along. 

I gave her a big hug.

She told her 3 other boys as it happened,  but she was saddened that they were "over" it in about 30 seconds. I said, they get it, but they'll surprise you and say things along the way.. that they remember their little brother or sister.

I told her well you have 1 in heaven now, watching out for your 3 boys here.

T, named the baby Peter- Mary..

If you could say a prayer for T & her husband  for God to comfort them.






4 comments:

  1. I hear you on the gaps... Mine keep getting longer somehow! Praying for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. my best friend just had a miscarriage this week and it's been so hard to watch her go through it...especially knowing how much more difficult it can get. One week after her loss she returned to work and no one said anything to her, and they all knew bc it happened at work. I hate that anyone has to experience any loss, but then to be met with such a lack of compassion...it just makes it so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's hard is hearing her say, most people don't understand, they don't get it. I said yes.. most people won't.. I told her whatever time day or night, you need to talk. please call.

      Delete