I had my 16 week appointment today. Yes I'm 17 weeks. Cancellations and a lot of other preggo's delayed me from being seen last week.
Good things from the Appointment(s) from today -- MFM and OB
+ Got to see the gender +
+ HB -144 BPM
+Got to see arms, legs, feet, fingers, toes
+ Baby was very wiggly+
+ Posterior placenta (all other pregnancies have been anterior )+
+Don't have to go back until 20 weeks!!
+ OB told his billing dept to leave me alone+
+ 20 week appointments with MFM & OB booked the same day--so only one 40 mile trip that week+
+ First PIO shot.
+++ I won the December raffle at the OB office, it has a 1st year book, baby carrier, towel, muslin blanket, and some stuff from a formula representative ++
The Boo-Hoo's from today-
-Baby "B" is not fully dissolved. -- They just have to watch it. Got me an extra 15 minutes in ultrasound for them to double check that it was the sac, vs. a hematoma.
-Because of this, I have to let them know of ANY bleeding, ASAP +
-not worried, but worried -
-found out I will have to have an Amnio around 34/35 weeks -not thrilled, but do what we have to do-
-Had a run in with the billing dept.--while checking in. --Does anyone else have to pre-pay based upon what they "think" you might owe at the end of your pregnancy-- Told the lady, you've never been anywhere close on your prepay-- and would prefer to pay bills as they come. Said I couldn't see the doctor if I didn't sign the form -- so I signed my name -and wrote signed under duress. -- You could see steam coming from her ears.. but whatever!! My doctor totally backed me up.
-spent way to long in the office --because of the billing dept. delay- and new receptionist not informing the nurse I needed to get my glucose test started.
-Have to do PIO shots on my own for the next 3 times.
I am very happy your positives list is longer than your negatives. However my blood is boiling on behalf of you and the billing department. (thank goodness for supportive doctors) We will keep you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteThanks Madeline. Yes they definitely were able to raise my blood pressure with their antics
DeleteI love that you wrote "signed under duress". You go! Medical office personnel can be the worst.
ReplyDeleteI think of you and pray for you often.
Thanks Emily.
DeleteThanks Emily.
DeleteHang in there! There's so much bureaucracy at doctor's offices these days. Glad your OB was supportive!
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteSo glad for all of the positives on this list!!! As for the office drama, do these people not understand that we have enough going on without having to battle over bills that we are fully aware are not yet our responsibility? Please, get out of her face! Do not even get me started. Prayers for you, baby, your husband, and guardian angel baby B. Take care of yourself and do not let those looneys get to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama
DeleteSo glad the baby is doing well!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo so so many continued prayers for you!!
Thanks, Elisa
DeleteThanks, Elisa
DeleteYay! Sounds like things are great overall. Yes, I had to pre-pay with this last baby and it made my blood boil too. We're on a high deductible plan, so they wanted me to pre-pay $2,000 or something ridiculous like that towards the beginning of the pregnancy. I went around and around with the billing person because I didn't want to pre-pay them, still pay my deductible, and then wait to get money back from the doctor's office (because you know I'm going to end up overpaying). I kept trying to get them to push my payments back, so I could continue to rack up my deductible on my own (thank, Chiropractor), and I kept making the billing lady call to check on my deductible amount that was rising closer to the maximum. They still made me prepay $500, and guess what, they had to send me a check for $500 because I overpaid them. Took weeks and weeks for them to get me a check to...go figure. Anyways, the laws vary from state to state, and when I called my insurance (BCBS), they said that states can require you to prepay like that (where I lived when I had my daughter wasn't like that). I hope you get that sorted out or at least can come to a compromise. You certainly don't need added stress while pregnant. No one does.
ReplyDeleteI had 20 something ultrasounds my last pregnancy. Billing nighmare. Which they billed some when they were done and some at the end. Just send me a bill, and I'll pay it. This prepay is an accounting nighmare.
DeleteSo glad that overall things are going well mostly, though it would be nice if billing wasn't so ridiculous and you didn't have to deal with some of the other things as well. Are you going to share the gender?
ReplyDeleteEventually we will share. We want to toss around names.
ReplyDelete