Friday, March 11, 2016

23 Weeks





Go visit Mama Holi  and find out about her pregnancy -- her Due Date is before my technical due date..  I have a feeling we'll have little's about the same time.  --I'm borrowing all her questions, to give you an update on how things are going with Lizard.






How far along?  23 Weeks 3 days
Clothing? All Maternity -- was given some "spring& summer" clothes to look thru, from the traveling maternity wardrobe from work. Problem is, most are way out of date, because most of the ladies in the office, are approaching mid-life. I didn't take a lot, and gave the rest to a younger generation preggo lady and told her to share with her group of friends. She was excited because -- clothes be so expensive.
Stretch marks? Yes.  ( not happy about this )
Sleep? depending on how much water I drink, I'm up 2-3 times a night.  The stinger is the last one is usually about 45 minutes before my alarm goes off ( and no - I don't stay up, because I see the minutes counting down on the clock )
Best moment of this week? Telling our parents about Lizard  --yeah I know we tell super late.
Worst moment of this week? Realizing I'm wearing maternity clothes that I wore at 37 weeks last time. I didn't get big.. Posterior placenta making a huge difference in my belly size.
Miss anything? A cold drink for St. Patty's day.
Movement? Lizard goes crazy at night when we lay down to go to sleep, one night I was up for 2 hours. She also doesn't care for the chair at work - or the sitting position.
Symptoms? Still have this nagging cough( side effect of antibiotics)
Food cravings? Sweet-anything, Carbs, frozen cokes ( we bought a Coca Cola shaved ice machine for the house) --not as good as the convenience store version, but in a pinch works.
Gender? Girl
Labor Signs? none - the occasional Braxton hicks  but nothing to call the doctor on.
Belly button in or out?  in
Mood?  good.
Milestones? so close to viability
Looking forward to? 24 week appointment on Tuesday 3/15 !!!! OB & MFM and St. Patrick's parties.
This week's pregnancy-small-talk-gems (aka things other people say to pregnant ladies without thinking):   No comments from the peanut gallery.

In other pregnancy news, I was shocked to find out, that I was given a promotion this week at work, in the form of some bigger accounts $$$ responsibility. Knowing I could be gone in 30-60-90 days, and the "men" trust me to have these accounts.

So our plans once Lizard is born -- 6 weeks paid leave -- and 6 more weeks at home - now the question becomes -- Will I be off- no pay -- or working from home that last 6 weeks. I'm making the offer to work at home.-- but we'll see what they decide -- their is really no one to take on my work while I'm out.   I can honestly say I don't know that I'm cut out to be a SAHM. I also carry the insurance for our house. We'll see how the negotiation plays out .  We will see how the new boss, does with being flexible on my schedule when I have to start every other day NST's in a couple of weeks.


6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read this update. Viability is so close! Yay! Will definitely be praying for you and your work situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates!! :)) if you don't mind a suggestion, plan to have somebody to help with the baby for few hours a day for the weeks you are working from home. You don't know yet if Lizard will be more of a 'unicorn' or a 'little dragon' so it is hard to predict in advance if you will be able to work uninterrupted hours consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update!! I second PaxEtBonum's suggestion. My girls are polar opposites. Elizabeth, I could easily do stuff during the day, Katharine needed to be held.every.single.minute.or.she.screamed...it was crazy! She still is a much more high maintenance kiddo and I have to be completely out ot sight in order to get any work from home done (when my DH is home too), she still seeks me out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH love this update, and thank for the shout out! :) I am so glad that you are SO CLOSE TO VIABILITY, what a huge milestone. Continued prayers for you and Lizard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo excited you are sooooo close to viability!!
    Lots and lots of continued prayers for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete