Sunday, May 29, 2016

34 wk 3 days.


This is how I spend several hours of my week. Yes I can still see my toes. The towel is to help not get goo all over me. I can't wait til I don't have to get goo'd up. 




This particular NST day-- little Lizzie decided that she was going to have play time. For a solid hour she kept kicking-punching-hitting the monitors. So what should have been 20 minutes took an hour and 20 minutes.  She wouldn't calm down to get a baseline heart rate.   The nurses laughed.. and said how do you get her to stop, I said, hey you're the experts, I put up with this every night for 2-3 hours.  

Dr. Update:


On Friday I met with my OB. After having a really crappy appointment on Tuesday in MFM ( no answers). I didn't have high expectations for Friday.. Surprisingly he hounded the MFM for an answer, and OB & I talked about induction. He  said MFM wants me to try and hold off til 39 weeks. I said, that sounds great on paper, but mentally that isn't gonna happen. He went thru the issues MFM will raise again with me next Tuesday ( possibility that Lizzie may have to go on oxygen because she is early)- if she has to stay on oxygen for more than 24 hrs she will have to transfer out to a childrens hospital . I said if 37 weeks is considered term why are you pushing so much for 39 +. They are also scaring me the longer she stays in the bigger her abdomen gets ( and potential for shoulder dystocia issues ) - Her head circumference is the same as her abdomen. My past boys have shown me that their measurements on weight are always OFF.. David's last growth ultrasound he was somewhere near 7lbs.. and came out 5 lb 13oz. so taking all with a grain of salt. So when the OB was talking about 39 weeks, I said -- then tell me why my last son died at 37.4 weeks - and why it would be safe for me to go to 39 ?? I said if you can give me a specific reason why what happened at 37.4 last time we can talk about 39.. if not  37 is the time, for us mentally.  
 
Also during week 37 is when our first son Sammy would have been due..  So, another reason it's not a good mental place to be for us.



So then my OB finally asked what date would you like to induce on -- I said June 13 ( Feast of St. Anthony ) he said how about  arriving on the evening on the 14th, they will start the ripening meds, and let me sleep all night -- and in the early morning June 15th start Pitocin. (June 15th is 37 weeks ) he said MFM won't be able to complain about a 37 week induction. I will still have to listen to MFM tell me of all the risks of a 37 week baby .. -- but really -- I feel safest with it.    So she will be arriving in 2 1/2 short weeks ( unless she decides to come earlier ). Since the MFM hasn't wanted to "see" me in the last 4 weeks, I decided that this week was the last progesterone shot I am taking. I have never been in the danger zone for super low. I need a break from my rump hurting !!

How far along?  34.3 Weeks



Clothing? All Maternity --nothing feels comfortable.

Stretch marks? Yes. 

Sleep?  Very much interrupted. When I lay down at night Lizard spends 2-3 hours moving constantly where I cannot fall asleep. I'm getting about 5-6 hours of sleep.
Best moment of this week? A Plan !!

Worst moment of this week? I was a mean patient in MFM this week, because they had no answer, and no dr saw me as promised.
Miss anything? being able to plant my gardens. Really a downer. I have planted pots - which I don't have to bend over to do -- but not the same as getting in the dirt and planting veggies and pretty flowers.
 Movement? Lots of Movement. Lizard is head down, and hips in my ribs.
Symptoms? just tired, not able to get comfortable.

Food cravings?  cheese curds.
Gender? Girl 

Labor Signs? contractions - nothing that takes my breathe away - but driving on our road which is under construction is very uncomfortable.
Belly button in or out?  in 
Mood?  tired.

Milestones? a date for her to arrive.
Looking forward to? an extra day to sleep in this holiday weekend.




SIL's wedding was last weekend ( morning wedding ). 


I still don't think I have a big bump.. She keeps growing.. I guess it's gonna be easy to get to pre-pregnancy weight.

Sneak peek from Lizzie's room



22 comments:

  1. Prayers that all goes well for your 37 week induction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that ribbon garland in Lizard's room!! So glad you have a plan! Lots of prayers for you guys in the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline. The craft-y- stores sell the garland stuff but it's made out of paper, and I never could find the colors I wanted, so I made my own with colorful ribbon.

      Delete
  3. Great post!!! You look AMAZING!!! Seriously, where is the bump? LOL! I am not kidding. :) I am praying for you and baby Lizzy. Grow, baby, GROW!!!! Can't wait to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. She's hiding in there somewhere..

      Delete
  4. I am SO glad you pushed for a 37 week induction!! Why on earth would they even think about making you wait even a day longer?? I am praying, praying, praying for a wonderful and safe delivery!! God bless you in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leila! I went back to notes from the MFM 4 years ago the first time I met her. She said you always have to advocate for yourself. I think some people are afraid to question a doctor because they see them as an authority figure.

      Delete
  5. I have been thinking about you so much lately. We have our St. Andrew peg doll set out on our family altar. So glad to hear you have a date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie !! I have the pegs from everyone lined up on her dresser waiting !!

      Delete
  6. The last weeks of pregnancy are the hardest. You already came a long way and very soon you will meet your beautiful daughter. Prayers and many blessings for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAN, you are one of the toughest ladies I know! Have been thinking of you and Lizzie and hoping for an update...I am SO glad you have a plan, and so glad you pushed for what you need! She will be here before you know it...I am so so so excited for you!!! PS You really do look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama !! Praying for your date in 2 days !!! Can't wait to meet him or her.

      Delete
  8. Praying everything goes well too!!! I haven't decorated "T"s room yet...someday I will do that...at least she has furniture. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks !! It's not like they are going to remember what color, and what their first room looks like.

      Delete
  9. Prayers for a safe delivery for you and baby Lizzie. I'm glad that you pushed for the 37 week induction, what could those doctors have been thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee. One only knows what the doctors were pushing for.

      Delete
  10. So glad you fought for a 37 week induction!! I would have done the same thing. You are such a strong person!! So many prayers for you and Lizzie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you've gotten answers! And her nursery is adorable. :) Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete