The boys I teach on monday night religious ed, are receiving confirmation in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions for confirmation gifts ..
One of my students is "highly" autistic & doesn't speak (much) he is a very talented musically, but writing & speech are very limited. We took a group picture last week. This student was soo sweet, the person taking the picture wanted them all to stand very stiff & still & standing on the steps of the altar. After like 3 pictures, they were smiling much. she said how about a big smile & suddenly he jumped up next to the 2 boys on the step behind him & he wrapped his arms around their shoulders, we went with it & had the 4th boy move up & the best picture of them all, is the 4 standing like brothers & SMILING!! It was soo genuine & loving & caring.. The 4 boys are standing arms on each others shoulders & I am standing in front of them all . I wish I could post it !!
Maybe this picture framed for each of them?
The picture idea sounds great!
ReplyDeleteMaybe a religious music cd? They might have something "cool" and not all church-y. Do you have a local Christian bookstore?
Gifts are HARD to figure out. :-)
Not really any religious stores around here, kinda limited to online. I'm thinking the pictures now.
ReplyDeleteI like the picture idea! I guess I am lucky that our Catholic Shrine has a good gift store attached too it. I also nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award, you can get the info on my blog.
ReplyDelete