So on my second vacation, we are surrounded by Native American land, and all the gift shops sell their wares. One shop, was unique in it explained all the different gifts. When I stumbled upon their meaning for the frog I was shocked. So now that I have a second to breathe I started looking them up a little more.
Frogs were also worshipped in the Americas. In many areas in ancient times the patron goddess of fertility and childbirth was a frog or a toad. Again they were associated with the rains. One Peruvian tribe placed statuettes of frogs on hilltops to call down the rain. To the early Aztecs the great mother goddess was a toad. In representations she often appears in a squatting position, giving birth to the world.
Now a priest who I used to work for, always gave couples at their weddiing a frog, that he instructed them to be prominently placed in their kitchen, so they both could see it everyday.
I'm going to look for a frog very sooon !!
REALLY?!?!? Neat! I'll be looking for some frogs too. :-)
ReplyDelete