Sunday, September 2, 2012

August Vacation # 2 picture post Part 1

Vacation #2 is to our favorite place, in C anada .

Hubs family  has a cottage(cabin) there.  When you go it is truly about spending time with the family. The cottage has no TV &  no internet., by choice. It's not totally in the sticks( well it seems like it )
We have plenty of time to spend quality one on one time with whatever family is there, sitting by a fire at night, talking, laughing, joking, listening, playing games, uninterupted time with each other.  It is 5 miles off the highway on a dirt road, and 20 minutes to the closest town.  Oh wait, they honor the Sunday Sabbath. Don't try to get anything on Sunday, because nothing is open. That's the way it should be.  First picture is my favorite place to relax, on the deck overlooking the water.( the zero gravity chairs are comfy too)

 
This is the view coming down our long road from the highway
sorry for the splotches, there are lots-o-bugs and hubs was driving about 50 MPH
 down the road as I was snapping away.
 
 
I would go sit at the end of the dock & pray.Such a calm place.
 
It's a little rustic, but hubs loves it, so I deal with it. (this is the guest cabin)
 
Gotta love family. I have been saying for the last 3 months, that I'm going to learn to drive the jet-ski on my own. Well the cousins that were there the week before us, apparently
 took home the jet-ski key with them. So I was beached & got to ride it on the grass.. ( not so fun )
 
 
more stories/pictures to follow.. in the next post.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to relax! I think the cabin looks like fun, but I could see how it might be easy for it to get a little too rustic, though, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look like they are right out of a magazine!!! Beautiful! And such a beautiful spot to sit and pray (dreamy sigh). :-)
    Too bad about the jetski. :( But you look great riding it anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! How lovely to have such a nice, uninterrupted family retreat! Sorry about the jetski (I've only tried it once this past summer and it was quite fun..you will have to take it for a spin next time!;)

    ReplyDelete