Sorry for the dry spell here, I've been working. I have been super busy with work. Did I say busy, maybe more like Swamped. Like 16 hour days busy.
I could use your prayers, as I discern a job offer with the company I have been with for 15 years. ( well 3-4 offers )
Last week, was the national sales meeting w/ the company. I was "learning" from the lady who has done them for the last 22 years, she wants to retire in 3 years, & since we don't have them every year, she wants to be able to leave the stuff in capable hands. She let me handle about 50% of what had to be done, partly because she trusts me & partly because she was traveling. So I got to do things like plan/book transportation for 180 people flying in for 4 days. Find 9 different dinner accomodations for the 180 people , to experience a local dinner out. ( everything else, was buffet/conference style meals). Be up at the crack of dawn to make sure everyone got on the bus in the morning, make sure everything was ready when busses arrived with 180 people. Make agenda's. Surprisingly things ran on time this year.. ( probably cuz 2 of us made a lighter load for everything & to heard 175 men ) not too many women in our sales dept.
During the course of the week 3 different people ( who I used to work with at one time or another) based on different accounts I was assigned, asked, who I was working for & what I was UP to lately.
This turned into 3 unique conversations of I really need you back, do you want to come & work w/me. I was flattered.
So this week, Monday , Tuesday came & went, nothing, not a word from any of them. WHAM Wednesday.. my boss calls me to his office. ( Now my boss, is only my boss, on paper, I DO nothing to support him or his business unit ) He got a promotion, about 2 years ago & in order to get that he needed a certain # of people under him, so his boss ( our SVP) decided to put a bunch of us under him, that don't do a dang thing for him. ( it's great in the sense, that he lets us do our job ). So the boss calls me in today. ( I'm trying to think back to the 3rd Goose & Tonic I had on Friday night, thinking oh man what did I say that I might regret ) So he starts in telling me that so & so was promoted ( i already knew this ) and that he's not replacing her. Now insert Bombshell! He wants me to take over about 50% of her work. I am not happy, cuz none of the other guys, I really would love to work for have made any sort of offer yet. Even worse he offers me like a 12% raise. He was shocked, when I said I had to think about it. So I have til tomorrow sometime to let him know what I decide. I'm sure I could delay another day if I need to. If I have to take the job.. ( Many more hours involved) I'm asking for a company paid smart phone & about a 20% raise. ( i just checked my work e-mail before I logged onto blogger) and I have 72 new messages since I left work at 5:15PM. that is insane.
Since I won't have the opportunity to talk to my #1 & #2 choices to work for tomorrow. I asked my #3 choice to meet in the morning.. This guy & my boss sit right next to each other.. So I have to be strategic how & when I talk to him. I know 2 of the people who work for #3 who have told him I have an offer from my boss & that I have to make a decision tomorrow. So I don't know if that will help or hinder the negotiating. Big changes coming...
On top of all "my" work stuff, hubs & a business partner are looking to purchase another company. So when I come home he has 100 questions, to run by me.
Wow, sounds like a lot on your plate. I will definitely pray for wisdom for you as you discern which role is best! And I hope #1 and #2 contact you ASAP!!!
ReplyDeleteOh geez! 72 new messages!!!!! Wow! I'm like you ... Get paid more & be values for the work you do. I will be praying for phone calls & clarity. It is SO hard to know what the best decision is sometimes.
ReplyDeleteGood gravy! That is a lot of messages! And it sounds like a lot of potential new work. I'll definitely pray that you can figure this out and have a satisfactory outcome.
ReplyDelete