Sunday, August 3, 2014

How does your garden grow- mid summer update.


This planter is probably doing the best. 

Below is what it looked like when planted. About 2 months ago. 

No real Secrets. I water when I remember. Which is like once a week. I used the special moisture control to help with my watering forgetfulness. It has also been a wet summer & cool. It's not in 100% direct sun either. All the draping flowers are down to the ground. 


This guy likes his spot too  below what it started out as. 

Now the stuff not going soo well ( yeah I'm not a perfect gardener) 

Poison ivy 

These guys have been hit hard be japenese beetles. 


These guys have been eaten up by the deer.  ( right at my front door) 
All the blooms from the day lilies gone. (Deer ) 
Eaten the burning bushes. (Deer) 

And hostas ( deer) 


Veggies garden I've given up, so many things are not phased by my tactics to keep them out.  I've found deer tracks in one corner where I didn't have netting. So basically what the deer have been doing is shaking the netting to see if they can free any veggies. They have eaten off anything that grows thru the netting too. 
I've been trying to keep the weeds long to hide the veggies from the predators.


 Close up of the netting. 
Tomatoes lost to the deer shaking. 

So this summer had been crazy with the animals here . I've seen fox, deer, raccoons, squirrels& groundhogs in our yard. Also saw a coyote in our neighborhood. Exciting to say the least, might have to start trapping again. 

2 comments:

  1. Those pesky deer! Your flowers are lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your containers look beautiful!!!
    I can't believe what the deer eat! That's crazy. They have some appetite!

    ReplyDelete