Friday, September 25, 2015

Basement Ideas post 1

So with nothing pressing at work, and a lazy Friday afternoon attitude. I've been doing some basement idea searching.  We have no formal "plan" or "vision" so looking at all possibilities now.

Like the sliding door, not doable in our space.
 
 
Cute, but seems really crammed
 
One of the big issues in our basement.. what to do with the ceiling, does it look weird to just leave it open.
 
Now I'm loving the idea of a fireplace in the basement
 
 
I like the painted ceiling.. husband would never go for hanging lights across like that.
 
Now I like the finish on the floor, the pillars, the ceiling painted.
Do you think the walls are originally like that or faux finish to look like that.
 
I kinda like the dark ceiling.. with light colored walls.
 
 
We want to do something like the curtains here to block off our laundry area when guests are over.
Dark thick curtains, floor to ceiling.
 
 
 
 
Thoughts, love to hear them in the com box.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I've never thought of a dark ceiling but that picture looks great!! The last 3 pictures really speak to me. They looks doable and cozy. I think dark thick curtains are a good idea and they really work in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband kinda liked the epoxy finished floor, also found another with stained concrete, and high gloss over it. The ceiling discussion for another day.

      Delete
  2. I love the one with the bricks or "faux finish" on the wall that look like bricks. I love that shiny floor. I would love to finish our basement to make it another space to enjoy...right now it's all storage and our kitty's "apartment". We only have those small windows so not much light gets down there. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your basement finishing project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas, they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so excited, we purchased some sample paint to see if we like that on the ceiling

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm so excited, we purchased some sample paint to see if we like that on the ceiling

      Delete