So, I have been getting pressuring emails to write something nice and uplifting , and spiritual to someone in my husbands family who has spent the better part of my marriage, being rude, RUDE, inappropriate, insensitive, and plain old vulgar language whenever we are around him.
He recently was divorced his wife is a saint for putting up with him for 10 years. He's an alcoholic, drug user, and worst sailor mouth on the planet. He's been cheating on his wife, can't hold a job, and is just not a person, I would want my kids to be around.
He's living with the person he cheated on his wife with. Who is also one of the people looking for these affirming letters for his retreat.
This girl is disallusioned to think this retreat will get him to stop all his bad habits ( my in laws think it will happen too).
This BIL so recently as 2 weeks ago, berated and belittled my husband and I in a group text to the entire family. Not a single person said, hey yo, inappropriate ! To Be honest he's a big guy and known to throw his weight around, so I would say most are honestly afraid. ( yes he was the reason we had to hire undercover security for our wedding)-- he started a fight at my SIL'S wedding 2 months before ours, and the police were called.
So may I ask your prayers for him.
To be fair and honest, I don't feel that I can effectively pray for him. I also replied, that I'm probably not the best person, to send a supportive letter to him for his retreat. I also suggested they get him some professional help, and he seek AA, or rehab, for the best chance for him and any further relationships.
It is very difficult to pray for someone like that especially when they throw their "weight" around for their own betterment. Praying for you as you discern how to handle this person.
ReplyDeletethank you.
Delete