How far along? 24 Weeks 3 days
Clothing? All Maternity -- Have worn some spring tops that I was given. still afraid to wear short sleeved shirts, because of weekly blood draws have lovely marks on my arms. which last about 2 weeks.
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep? Not enough this week, Stayed up late to watch some new TV episodes this week.
Best moment of this week? Viability !!!!
Worst moment of this week? finding out that I have to go on insulin ( low dose) for gestational diabetes. Dealing with the diabetes education department at the hospital has been a treat ( NOT ). My doctor asked that I go "learn" how to give the injection, but I have to get the insulin first. No sooner had I left the hospital grounds and diabetes ed, is calling me to book my appointment. since I was driving I didn't answer, and per doctor instructions I didn't have my insulin yet, so I didn't call her back. The following day, she called AGAIN, while I was in a meeting, so I couldn't answer. She in turn, starts calling my "emergency" contact list( on my hospital profile ) 1st being my husband -- who freaked out when they called, cuz he saw the hospital name and thought I was in the hospital. I sat on it for a day, before I called the nurse in the MFM who referred us over there, and expressed my disgust, and frustration, with diabetes ed ( again ) I said by no means should they be calling emergency contacts to book an appointment. She explained -that her dept receives people by referral also, and they are not allowed to contact the people til the patient contacts them. She said it should be the same over there. I said -- by no means is that happening. Felt good to get it off my chest -- simmering down on making a HIPPA violation complaint. Can keep on the backburner for a bit.
Miss anything? sleeping on my back.
Movement? Lizard goes crazy all day long.
Symptoms? dry skin --
Food cravings? not really into food this week. Only eating cuz I have to.
Gender? Girl
Labor Signs? none
Belly button in or out? in
Mood? tired.
Milestones? Viability
Looking forward to? starting to clean and decorate Lizards room.
.
This week's pregnancy-small-talk-gems (aka things other people say to pregnant ladies without thinking): I had a couple of people out of the blue, ask- are you pregnant - then say,, I know I shouldn't have said that, I should keep my mouth shut, but just wondering.
Yeah for viability!!!!! Grow, baby lizard, grow!!! Sorry for all the run around with Diabetes education. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteThanks Marie!
DeleteSo happy that you hit 24 weeks!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Beth!
DeleteWoo hoo!!! Viability! Praying for both you and Lizard!
ReplyDeleteThanks Donna!
DeleteUgh the diabetes run-around sounds absolutely dreadful, I am so sorry. BUT YEAHHHH FOR VIABILITY!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama !
DeleteViability!!! Grow Lizard! I cannot believe that emergency contact thing, who do they think they are?!
ReplyDeleteThanks Madeline! I don't know who they think they are, but not messing with this mama!
DeleteGlad to hear little lizard is moving!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear little lizard is moving!
ReplyDeleteLove these updates! <3
ReplyDelete