Saturday, May 14, 2016

Spring Flowers



Crazy me is not giving up on planting this year. These are going to customer sites over the next week.
I will work on stuff at the house after that ( likely Memorial Day weekend )

For those that saw them on Instagram and wondered what plants were what..

I like to have a couple of bigger plants that are "thrillers"  and then "spillers" which will trail over the sides.





King tut grass that is the "Center" tall item of the pots. The tag below is hard to see, so extra picture of them in the pot.




I'm not normally a geranium girl, but hubs convinced me they looked pretty.


Also known in some parts as million bells


Another new plant for me. They are mostly green now, and waiting for them to pop with color.



I've used this before. Looks a lot like Perennial Sedum, with pretty little flowers


this will grow and add a nice silvery color to the pots.


as long as no deer around, these will flourish in the pots.





the final product.


I always top off my pots with a fresh 2-3" of a moisture control -soil. It helps keep them fresh, if they don't get watered every day. I like to take it to the top of the pots so the trailing stuff doesn't  have to "jump" over a big lip.


These pots are about 2 1/2 feet wide.


Next week I'll show you some much larger pots that I do..

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing all the pots throughout the summer. You make me want to be a better flower bed owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't like geraniums either, but those are great! The are perfect combined with all the rest, especially the million bells. You created a beautiful pot! I threw some pansies in a couple of our pots in early spring and they are still going strong. Not sure if or when I will replace them. Thrillers and spillers - love that!

    ReplyDelete