This is what 4 weeks looks like.
I was actually working on the laptop, taking this picture. So my multi tasking abilities are improving.
Knock on wood, she slept for 4/5 hours at a time the last night. Her awake times are more awake then they are a sleepy stupor.
We are still working on the milk supply/ breastfeeding. I haven't given up yet. Someone from our ob offices called today, to get us a prescription, as we can't get the domperidone like we wanted. So we will try their suggestion. I'm only pumping about 1 1/2 oz total when I do, on a good pump I get 2 oz. But then their are the occasions I only get. 1/2 oz. a work in progress.
She dislikes wet/dirty diapers and shows her displeasure
She likes laying on mommy or daddy's chest to sleep.
She is sure to make sure she's in a comfortable spot. She's okay with baths, but have that water warm, she's not a fan of anything cold.
She loves to sleepin her rock n play
She has met many of her cousins, we still have about 15 more to meet.
Mommy let's all the cousins hold her.
She is still nursing best in the morning and during the night, any distractions and it's not happening. So she likes taking a bottle from daddy, mommy grandma or anyone willing to feed her. But be careful, cuz if I chug it too much, I'm likely to spit up all over you.
We are getting into a groove. I'm still not a morning person!! Next week will be an interesting one, as I have a work function to go to at 8am. It's just a morning thing, Lizzie will be going to grandmas. But it will be the first test of getting out of the house!!
She's been to her first wedding❤️, taken a long trip in the car, stayed in a hotel, eaten out in a restaurant.
We will be going to our first parade this weekend!!










I just lost my long comment. Let me try again. Congratulations on your gorgeous girl! I, too, had supply issues. For baby #3 and #4 I bought ($$$) domperidone from overseas and got a $4 prescription for metformin from Walmart. I drank a ton (water-yuck!) and pumped around the clock for a full year. My babies are super slow nursers--not at all like babies I watch who are done in five minutes! Crazy!!! #1 and #2 still nursed for a long time, but just for the bonding...they got 95% formula...#3 was the only one who just had my milk...#4 was back to formula but not nearly as much as the first 2...I felt so alone at times. I didn't know a single friend (or stranger) who had low supply like me. It was so hard!!! My mom had more than enough milk for her 2 kids--pumped for premies at the hospital! I didn't get her breasts! If we have one more baby...I don't think I could pump around the clock...that would be hard for me in ways, but I did make peace with formula a long time ago. Breastfeeding never went as I'd hoped it go (even with #3 I still had to pump around the clock to get enough milk for him)...and I always longed for enough milk and being able to feed my babies fast...but like you said, fed truly is best...I wish I hadn't been so upset about it long ago, but I really had no friend to turn to...I felt like such a failure in ways...why did my body not make enough food to feed my baby? Anyway, your baby girl is so sweet and you are a great mother! My baby girl (and only girl) just turned 4 on Monday! I miss her baby days, but you'll love the years to come, too!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I had the worst time with breastfeeding. I lasted two months with Peter and one month with Sarah. I was pumping, taking fenugreek, meeting with lactation consultants at $100 a pop and finally decided it wasn't worth the mental anguish and all the tears (mine!). I felt sad about it for a while but now my kids are 12 and 13 and looking back, I wish I had been easier on myself. It's so hard when you are in the thick of it though. Keep doing what feels right for you and your little one and all will be well. And she's just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am just bottle feeding so I can't offer anything on your breastfeeding issues. My baby started to sleep 4/5 hours at night around a month old as well...that didn't last for us...she started to wake to feed, wet/poopy diaper or just for her pacifier and to be rocked. Every once in awhile she will give us the "gift" of sleeping without waking. I like what you said in a previous post...getting used to our new "normal". Boy, that is so true.
ReplyDeleteIt took me awhile for my milk to come in with Eileen and I had to supplement as well. Like the other ladies, I was so sick about it! But we must do what is best for our babies, that is the BOTTOM LINE. She is so lucky to have you as a mom! You're doing great, and she is so beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete