Tuesday, March 13, 2018

crazy few days.

So the lack of having a job, has been causing me to be unsettled and not sleep.

My husband has a great company and loves what he does, I also love working to. My job affords us to be able to live comfortable, but I also work for the benefits, insurance, 401K, etc.

Last week was my last week of outplacement service, and session with my job coach. He said.. go big or go home.. ( in more eloquent words )

Sooo.  I put myself out on FB and L-inkedin land... -

In November i updated my profile pictures, but didn't do a whole lot more than that and apply to jobs.

December I enjoyed family.
January I took a back seat to take care of family. My mom was pending surgery on her hand she broke in 4 places, and my step-dad was pending surgery for his cancer.
February I started one click applying and registering on a bunch more sites.  The HR guy who laid me off said - there are tons of jobs, you'll land something quick. Yes there are lots of jobs. and you apply.. but the weird thing about HR is .. your resume goes to a black hole.. you never hear back from them.. I would love once to apply and get an e-mail back that says.. sorry we just aren't interested in you, so i don't have so many holes sitting open.
March came in and I was starting to get overwhelmed... So that's when we came up with the radical idea of a post on the social media platforms to put me out there. 

Well it's working !! Trust when I say no one really knew that I was out of work, my husband wasn't sold on telling a bunch of people. 

My coach said whatever you do, have it roll up to your linked in.. because you can see the backside analytics on it. At this moment my post has had 4,940 views ( WHAT !!) I can see what companies, what types of job titles are viewing me, what parts of the country.

Now don't hatch my job yet.. I've had several good leads. 2 Phone screens ( initial interviews) so far, 3 recruiters working for me, applied to 5 new jobs ( with internal recommendations).  I'm still clicking on 1-click apply jobs.. but since i've not had a single call back.. don't feel those are worth  my time.

2nd quarter is going to be the winner for me.

Keep  me in your prayers that I find the job that is right for me and our family.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this! It is always so helpful to have a human submit your resume to the company even if they don't know you.

    ReplyDelete