Friday, February 8, 2013

B shower pictures part1

My little sisters baby shower was last weekend. Surprisingly I didn't break down & cry. I managed thru it.
Hosting helped, because I was sooo busy doing everything, it made it easy to not pay attention to all the little conversations & not be too engaged.   Here's a picture of the cute preggo. She's only 25 weeks. This is when she had time off from work to trek 1/2 way across the country to visit the family.



We did a "book" theme, so the food was all somehow related to a children's book.
So the handmade cupcakes were from "where the wild things are"
Another sister decorated each one.  

My mom found my P/interest account in the last month & saw a cute idea to set up something on a changing table.. On P/interest they did the drinks. We did desserts.  The changing table will be making its way to my house. The monkeys don't sit still anymore for diaper changes & the sister the shower is for, came from the east coast. She is getting all new furniture.. soo I am okay with hand me downs for the future peanut.

Here's what the living room looked like all set up before the mayhem started.



I think my mom's house is pretty plain.. so we made hot pink, black & white tissue paper flowers. Well I can take credit for the idea & showing my mom & sister how to make the first one & they went to town. Apparently my step-father was bored one night & helped "fluff" the flowers, my mom was folding. It gave the otherwise "boring" room a little color & was very "girly"

Last picture for this post..  The mantle.. I had my mom take down all her knick-knacks & it was decorated  with the tissue flowers & a bunch of kids books.







10 comments:

  1. It all looks so great! I am glad you got through it. The theme is amazing, if I ever have a baby shower I want that theme. I love books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so wonderful you threw a shower for your sister. That's true love! And the decorations and treats look really pretty too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you did a fantastic job! I'm glad it went well, and that you were able to get through it okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love the theme!!! I just starred your posts so I can use your ideas later ... They are all just perfect! I'm glad you made it through the day ok. That was my true hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the theme!!! So cute! Being a early childhood teacher books are SO important, and I love giving them as baby gifts! Looks like this sweet miracle will have a great little library of her own. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete