Thursday, April 4, 2013

Adoption Part 2

Last night, I was got very emotional as I wrote the post. So much that I couldn't even  proof read it. So I apologize for the choppy post.

I thank God, that my husband's mother chose life for him, because this was only a few short years after abortion became legal in this country.  She could have easily chosen that route.

I love that my  husband works every day  for our family. Some people think a family has to be 2+ ?
As soon as we married we became a family, I have to accept that God has control over how big our family becomes. After 4 weeks of 4th grade studies on the 10 Commandments. I feel like I need an extra trip to confession, to confess a lot of envy & coving my neighbors goods, even if they are bratty kids. I have to learn to be happy with what I have & not unhappy with what I don't have.  A tough lesson to swallow. 4th grade CCD has been very enlightening this year.

So having the inside track into a pregnancy center. I don't know about other areas, but the # of girls(women) that come in & want to put up for adoption is very, very slim.

A kid I used to babysit, adopted & their agency told them to be creative to find a kid. The agency's around her just don't get a lot of referrals for girls wanting to give up their child for adoption. So the agency suggested many different methods to let everyone know you are willing to adopt  on social media,etc  that if they knew anyone, to contact their agency, 2 months nothing, they meet again.. & the agency lady says well we need to think outside the box, and jokingly said.. well it's not like you want to advertise on a billboard or anything.. Thoughts occurred & 2 weeks later, they had a billboard on a busy interstate, with a picture of them & some catchy phrase about wanting to adopt..  Shortly after they welcomed a little boy to their family.

Another couple I know from church, adopted after suffering IF, the same amount of time as us..  the only scary part is we never see them together any more.. ( not divorced ) but someone is always working to afford the " adoption ". My husband says when we have a kid, he doesn't want to bring us apart. When we have a child, we should be a family together, not separated.

more at another day.



4 comments:

  1. You are right, there are very few girls in a crisis/unplanned pregnancy who will choose adoption, I have heard this from several friends who run pregnancy centers. I think your hubby has the right attitude of wanting to make sure your marriage stays in tact and with adoption costs it can separate you just to be able to afford the adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For years, when we had financial struggles, The Man would always say "as long as we have each other, that's all that matters", and it is those words that echo in my ears as we make decisions about what comes next. That we have our family, and that if we lose one another in the process, then no matter how many children may come, it wasn't worth it. Maybe that's just an IFer talking, but whether no kids or 10 kids, a day will come again when it's just the two of us...without that day, the dreams of our marriage are not fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are expensive adoptions & there are those that aren't as expensive. We were blessed with one that wasn't as expensive, but had to say no to opportunities that were very expensive. Praying God leads you & guides you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hank you for sharing. It is so sad how much $$$ adoption is, and how seemingly less common it has become for women experiencing crisis pregnancies to consider adoption.

    ReplyDelete