Sunday, April 7, 2013

Book Review - Facing Infertility

I finished reading " Facing Infertility" by Jean Dimech- Juchniewicz

It took me a  while to read this one, it took time to process each chapter as I read them. At the end of each chapter they had questions for reflection & discussion, it also had a paragraph for "friends & family" , and each chapter concludes with a prayer.

Some of the reflection questions that stuck out:
How has your current struggle to conceive a child affected your sexual relationship with your spouse? It made me really think that "we" have to get back to the before IF relationship in the bedroom. IF does change things & make them at times more robotic. I have been working on this & trying to do a boudoir makeover.

I liked the reassurance that we are doing the morally acceptable treatments, after reading thru discerning treatment. I just wish I knew about NaPro sooner. Still hoping for a Na.Pro doctor to come to our area.

The book touches on "sin". I mentioned a couple weeks ago a mission I attended that they did this exercise & had everyone renounce a list of what seemed like 1000 sins. I mentioned that they brought up miscarriage & infertility. The book talks about sin & infertility. It is a lot to write about, so I will let you read the book to find out more. I will leave you with this from the book;  All forms of suffering,including infertility  are the result of original sin. If we want to blame someone for infertility blame human sinfulness. God did not create infertility! They are talking about it in the sense that this sin is contracted not committed.

Last one I'll touch on from the book. Priorities : 1st - Relationship with God, 2nd Relationship with Spouse 3rd can be a multitude of things like career, volunteering, neices/nephews, etc.  The third priority is what you have the deepest desires in to meet the deepest needs.

I recommend reading the book when you have some time.



What's on my nightstand now to read:
A) The Linacre Quarterly ( the Journal of the Catholic Medical Association) my FIL is a member & passed it along. It has several articles on NFP and/or N.apro.  He thought it might be interesting reading.
B) Hour Detroit. = local magazine --it's the March issue..  April will soon be here.
C) the Two Week Wait - novel by  Sarah Rayner.. the title popped out to me. IF'ers all know about the 2WW..  .. from reading the cover, it's a novel, about someone's looming biological clock. ( right up my alley ) as I feel I'm on that ticking time-bomb road.



1 comment: