Thursday, July 25, 2013
WYD
I don't know if you have been following what's been going on at WYD this year in Brazil.
If you've ever been to one, you'll always have some sort of inclination to catch what's going on at the current one, even if you are not there. I have been following a blog of some local pilgrims. WYD Brazil Pilgrims
It sounds less hectic than some of the ones I have gone to. There is always some sorta hiccup, this one seems to be over pilgrim bags. Last one I went to in Germany.. it was over the WYD mass being overtaken by the locals. ( the way it was explained thru interpretors, was the locals started outcrying because it was their land& they were coming in no matter if they had a ticket or not). So when we got there, there was very little space left.. we slept on a rocky road, the food we had paid for, was GONE. But so worth it to sleep out in the cold, and celebrate sunrise vigil with Pope Benedict. We had actually got to see Pope Benedict within about 15 feet of him,during his welcome tour around the city.
When I went to WYD in Rome, it was a much different experience, cuz 1, I wasn't in charge of a group of people, but we were in ROME. Such a magical place to begin with, and our group had our new young assistant pastor with us.. a franciscan friar. ( that habit, got us into a lot of special places ) including a special chapel in Assisi, with relics from wayyyyy back.
Please pray for the Pilgrims in Brazil, they will be celebrating with the Pope very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment