Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Imagine the possibilites.

I still get warm fuzzies watching this video. It's a couple of years old now, but still is close to my heart.



 
 
At the time we had IF for a long time, hubs & I were discussing adoption. He still has a tough time with who is he, partly because he was adopted. Partly, because we were going thru batteries of questions to figure out what might be causing IF.  A LOT of what they ask has to do with family history; back when he was adopted, there were very very few open adoptions. So he has no family history. No idea where he comes with, he identifies with being Irish, because his "family" is; sometimes you hear people say, wow, you are the most olive skinned Irishman I know. ( he does not have Irish fair skin at all ). I find the video very inspiring, knowing that all these people share the same "family" as my husband. They have all made something of themselves too, but had you not seen this video it you probably would have never known this about any of them. I don't think to many of them talk about it, but good to know they all share a common bond.

I often hear people talk negatively about adoptees. This video shows you that these people all have broken that sterotype. Let your adoptee be the one that people are talking about for good reasons. Just because they did not come from your flesh, does not mean, they can have the same dreams as your biological flesh.

Someone close to us, played an integral part in the video; which also makes it special.

1 comment: