Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Song # 2 that gets me.









This song reminds me of all the things my dad doesn't get to experience with us.


If you have the chance, watch the video. It'll explain it a lot better. The backstory behind the song/video, Cole's dad passed away in 2013 at the age of 65.  Cole has 2 brothers ( the guys at the house ). He's sad his dad is missing his rise to fame. I can't wait for the CD to come out.  ( May 2016)




You should Be Here - By Cole Swindell








It's perfect outside its like God let me dial up the weather
Got the whole crew here, I ain't seen some of them in forever.
It's one of those never forget it, better stop and take it in kinda scenes.
Everything's just right yeah except for one thing.


You should be here, standing with your arm around me here.
Cutting up, cracking a cold beer, saying cheers, hey y'all it's sure been a good year.


It's one of those moments, that's got your name written all over it.
And you know that if I had just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this
You should be here.


You'd be taking way too many pictures on your phone.
Showing them off to everybody that you know back home.
And even some you don't yeah
They say now you're in a better place
And I would be too if I could see your face.


You should be here, standing with your arm around me here.
Cutting up, cracking a cold beer, saying cheers, hey y'all it's sure been a good year.
It's one of those moments, that's got your name written all over it.


And you know that if I had just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.
You'd be loving this, you'd be freaking out, you'd be smiling, yeah
I know you'd be all about what's going on right here right now.


God I wish somehow you could be here.
Oh you should be here.
Yeah this is one of those moments that's got your name written all over it
And you know that if I have just one with it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.
You should be here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm not sure I should have watched that! Beautiful song and story. I've been thinking a lot lately of my mom (who we lost at age 67 almost 8 years ago) and it made me think a lot of her. She would have so loved being a grandma to my niece. But the nice part is, now that my sister is a mom, I see so much of my mother in her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear the song comes on -- as soon as I get in the car. After watching the video and reading the story about the video, just brings tears.

      Delete