Bloggers rock !!
Your prayers through my pregnancy and labor, helped me make it through!!
I am working on my birth story, soon I promise !!
In the meantime 9 days
This is fresh from today.
In 9 days, I've learned 3 or more hours of continuous sleep is over rated.
A sleeping baby is heavenly
A crying baby is healthy
Breastfeeding is HARD.
Showers can reinvigorate even sleep deprived.
I've become multitalented with a kid in hand. ( image withheld -- just imagine, pumping, burping kid, adjusting pump, cell phone in hand).
I can do the baby wearing thing.
We've made small trips out 4 out of 5 days this week. ( I need this for sanity)
We dropped paperwork off at work, visited with moms coworkers. Dr visit for Lizzie, post office to get mail (3x) health food store to get lactation cookie ingredients, office supply store, Costco(quickest in out ever), target.
It's been an adjustment not working (9-5) mom still has to do some little things each day for our business.
Mommy and daddy are adjusting to new "normal"
Mommy has learned it's okay to sleep in til 9, 10, or 11 (when you've spent many dark hours awake.
Didn't realize how much life revolves around making sure everyone is pooping and peeing🙈
We are looking forward to daddy being home this weekend. He had a very busy week, and has had some long days. Lizzie hasn't always been to friendly to daddy when his time with her has been limited. Lizzie and I had a talk last night, and I asked her to give him a break on the new dad thing, and give him a chance to get the hang of it. Tonight she peacefully slept on his chest for over an hour, before he fell asleep. He was in heaven.
Here are some more pictures (sorry if you've already seen on Fb or Instagram.
Pictures taken by cousin from the next picture.
Cousin excitement ( he's my best helper)
He has a goal to have me let him stand and hold her (Yowza no!!) for know he loves pacifier duty, refilling her diaper basket, and cheerfully helped take her laundry to the washing machine .
Cousin came all the way from Cape to visit the "new baby" shhh baby sleeping.
Definitely a side sleeper. No matter how many Swaddlea or times she is put on her back, she will make it to her side








Oh my goodness I am so happy to see this post. Happy you are figuring it all out and what works for you. Still praying for you guys, it definitely is an adjustment. Lizzie will come around to her daddy!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to have him home all day. He was able to comfort her more, and she obliged.
DeleteBeautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! The first couple of months are hard but you will find soon the new routine that will work best for your family. Many blessings for all of you.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
DeleteSo wonderful to see this update! Sleep whenever you can, no matter the time of day. You need not only to rest, but to let your body recover. And cut yourself all kinds of slack on getting anything else done. Caring for that dear newborn is more than a fulltime job!
ReplyDeleteTrying to get sleep!!
DeleteOh my, she is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! That hair! ^ Agreed, she will warm to daddy, do not worry about that :) she will probably be a daddy's girl before you know it! And yes, sleep and take care of yourself whenever you can! You deserve it! You're doing great mama!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama !!
DeleteShe is absolutely beautiful! Prayers for a smooth transition and a new way of daily life for your whole family!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful! Loved reading this update, so glad she rested with Daddy!!
ReplyDeleteSo precious! Thank you for the updates :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again!! I am so happy for your family!!
ReplyDeleteMy baby slept on her side for the first six weeks (swaddled and all) but now just loves sleeping on her back! Yes, being a mother is hard as I've recently learned as well...and I do as much as I can when feeding too! I do the baby wearing thing as well...I would never get the dishes done or anything for that matter. My life is about pee and poop as well...very interestingly. Sounds like you are adjusting! Congrats on your new little one....and showers are sometimes the only "you" time that you will get in a day. enjoy!
ReplyDeleteJoy, joy, joy!!! And welcome to the "fun" of the details of motherhood (and no sleep), ha ha!
ReplyDelete