Sunday, July 17, 2016

At peace

Well, after feeling like crap, for the last 4 days. Also coinciding with taking reglan for increasing  prolactin. I am at peace that I will probably never be able to fully supply my daughter with her nutritional needs. Supplementing will always be in our forecast. 

Reglan turned me into a zombie. I slept more than she did. I was tired 24/7 more tired than just new mom tired. I took the last one this morning thinking I just needed a good day of food. Nope!! No more !! This evening I finally feel like myself again!! 

When on it, I was getting a little better pumps, but nothing like I expected. So back to pumping what I can and formula for what I need to make up. I had a stout beer. Which last week helped with a couple pumps afterwards!! 

I feel blessed to try and be a ecological bf'er but that's not for us!! God has a different plan for us!!

9 comments:

  1. I tried that horrible drug with my first. It was truly scary, and I must have only had a couple of doses before I said "NEVER AGAIN"...I cannot imagine anyone who takes it regularly. It was a nightmare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie needs more than everything a mom that is feeling good and can take care of her. It seems reglan was making you a little bit of a zombie. You tried very hard to bf her and now you know that pumping and supplementing is what is working best for your family and for your specific situation. Way to go mom! Hugs from an other mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are at peace with your decision. A baby with a full belly and a mom who is at peace make for a happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen for PEACE...stress/fear/anxiety are not from God, but peace, that is something only God can provide! I am happy you have found it...keep forging on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing wrong with pumping and supplementing. I did both with my babies. So glad you are at peace with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you are figuring out what works best for you and your family! I was wondering if anyone has told you that the amount you pump and the amount the baby is able to express from the Brest are not the same. I am able to exclusively bf and baby is satisfied but when I pump I barely get am ounce.

    ReplyDelete