My personal -non professional opinions
@@@@@
Breastfeeding is Hard!!!
Breastfeeding is rewarding!!!
Breastfeeding is not for everyone.
For some breastfeeding is their exsistance.
I had very different visions for breastfeeding, than the reality that is(or isn't).
Lizzie despite fooling a lactation nurse, had horrible latch. Probably due to her being early, mouth size being small, time in special care nursery, LC's telling me that she has to have formula (they call it supplement) to survive.
We haven't given up!!
Even though she's only really got a hang of it, in the last 2 days, and won't do it with anyone around. So I'm still pumping. And we still let her have what she wants at breast. I hate having to supplement, but she's only in the last 2 days surpassed her birth weight. ( so yeah she's still a little peanut) not yet in the 7lb range.
I got over the fact that she will need formula. #fedisbest is my mantra !!
It's hard no matter when they are born! Ted was on his due date and weighed almost 10 pounds and it was still quite the adjustment. Took a good month to really get a routine down. Hang in there! And you are right...fed is best!
ReplyDeleteFed is best! :) Love and prayers!
ReplyDeleteBe honest I thought I would have an issue going back to work and her not taking s bottle, funny how there is a different plan to what we "envision"
DeleteBreastfeeding is hard!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Fed is best!
Thanks for the support!!
Delete#fedisbest is a great way to look at it! I think we need more people to focus on that!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job sticking with it! And yes, I think all the reasons you listed are contributing to your problems. It is so important to get started right away. I think there are way too many special care nurseries out there that just do not put enough effort and emphasis on getting BFing off to a good start.
ReplyDeleteDo you have LLL around? Everyone I know, myself included, has received much more real help and support from their LLL leader/group than a hospital lactation consultant. For myself, the LC missed that both my 35 wk twins had bad lip tie, and that was the cause of their latch issues. Latching was difficult and repeated trying wore them out. I am still mad at that LC for missing that.
Keep up the good work, Mama!
Breastfeeding is VERY HARD!! It takes a lot of work, time and patience. I agree with your mantra!
ReplyDeleteFed is best, and I'm glad you're being gentle with yourself and not beating yourself up about it! I hated having to supplement with Eileen, but it was only for about two weeks and then she was a champion breastfeeder. Charlotte is a good eater, but it was still painful for about 3 weeks. What I mean to say is, like the other ladies stated, it is ALWAYS an adjustment. Motherhood is a job, and breastfeeding is hard work! Granted, it is the best job and the best rewarding work, but still, it can be hard. Hang in there!!! You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteOhmygoodness, breastfeeding was the hardest thing I've ever done as a mother, in those first 2 months ESPECIALLY! Hang in there, you are doing great and no matter what happens, you will CONTINUE to do great!!
ReplyDelete