Tuesday, August 6, 2013

13 Weeks !!

After having a miscarriage, you don't know how incredibly happy it is to get to 13 weeks.
I always liked the # 13.. It was my jersey # when I played high school soccer.

My doctor told me last week that I was in the clear, but I said I got to make it to 13.
sooo happy now. still not posting a bump picture.. I don't really think I have one.  We haven't told any IRL people yet, my husband wants to wait til Christmas to tell his family.. I said good luck with that one.

The peanuts room is filled with baby stuff given to us by my sister, she has her house up for sale, so she needed to declutter.  Thankfully we don't need much now, plus hubs & I don't like clutter, so we won't be loading up on unneccesary stuff. We haven't taken any baby clothes from her 2 boys yet.. I don't want to assume peanut is a boy.. We'll find out the end of September the gender, but will not share w/ IRL people.  My youngest sister out east found out & told everyone what she was having & she got 90% clothes at her showers. & everything pink.. I said, what are you going to do when you have more & have all this PINK stuff.. ( so they took back & exchanged & got more gender neutral.. baby items , like car seats, stroller, pack-n-play, swing, toys, etc ) Our getting ready for baby more so involves, getting rid of our Glass Tables, and finding some area rugs, and a comfy chair to nurse in  and a dresser for baby. Also figuring out where to put all hubs clothes that are in the closet in peanuts room.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know what a relief it is to make it out of the 1st trimester after a miscarriage. So exciting. Now enjoy 2nd trimester (if you haven't already been enjoying the 1st tri).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, praying for a safe pregnancy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read this update. I feel a bit invested in prayer for your little one and get excited to read about the updates. Your baby is one special baby, they are going to be celebrated in big style! I do believe that a lot of the baby stuff in unnecessary. I do believe a good sling or baby carrier, stroller and carseat, and dresser were our best investments. We will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these updates as well. I am so very happy for you and have been praying for you and baby a lot. I always feel a strong connection to those that have travelled the hard road of miscarriage and am so happy when I see the miracle of new life given to them again. Grow, baby, grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great milestone! Time to breathe a sigh of relief. :) So glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! So glad 13 is your number too! :-D Grow little one, grow!
    Don't worry too much about getting a lot of stuff. I finally opened tonight (16 months after we first bought it) a bottle of baby wash that we'd bought from Sams Club in preparation for Luke. I've just now used up all the other baby wash we had been given as gifts. It seemed to be a popular gift. That ... and blankets. :-)
    Just decorate the nursery like you want and the rest will fall into place!
    LOVE the update! Prayers continue for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete