Saturday, August 24, 2013

denial.


Hubs & I are having a hard time admitting we are pregnant. Reason I say, is we really haven't told any IRL people. After what happened with peanut#1  ,I understand being cautious. My doctor told me at my 12 week appointment, that I was in the clear, that he saw no reasons that I might miscarry again. I had an appointment with the nurse at 14 weeks and all was good. So tonight we went to dinner with hubs oldest sister & her husband.. I said.. why don't you tell them tonight.. I know if we ask them not to say anything on FB, they won't. He says I'd really like to make sure & wait till after your appointment on Wednesday this week ( 16 weeks ). I reluctantly agree & tell him 4 days is not going to change anything. I haven't said anything at work either, but mostly because I'm still waiting on the new job to come thru & realize telling them now may screw it up. I figure I'm on borrowed time & pretty soon, my belly is really going to pop & there will be lots of whispering going on. Thankfully I can still fit in elastic waist clothes, because I don't have any maternity pants. Stores still think it's summer & have no pants out. Don't they know it's going to be like 50 degrees real soon & we need something to wear. I am taking half a day off on Tuesday to go to lunch with a pal from church & I plan on hitting up the baby/maternity consignment store afterwards.. ( why do they cater to the SAHM crowd) geez, they are not open past 6pm.. and that is impossible to get to on a weeknight. & their Saturday hours are minimal & crazy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment