Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bump week 20

Still no real bump to talk about.. Have my 20 week appt this afternoon. We'll see what the good doc has to say about it.  After HynoBirth class last night I have a few questions for him! 
In the next week we get really busy for the next 5-6 weeks. Like every weekend, booked solid. So hubs calls me today & says. Let's go register this weekend. otherwise we're not going to have time til November & we are trying not to have a last minute shower. So this weekend looks like the Non-Preggo looking chic will be going baby registering.  **UPDATE** Doc says again not to worry about anything, everyone is different. He was happy that I have only gained 1 lb so far for the pregnancy. My blood pressure was rock star today!! Usually after the long drive to their office I am a little high when I get there. Today, I was lucky enough to get there & he was running behind & I Got to see my FCP sitting there when I walked in, she was in for an appt w/ the doc. So we got to talk for about 15 minutes before she got called back ( they were running super behind) & I got to see her new little one.  I was the last appt of the day.. So I got all the TIME I wanted w/ the doc.

So for our registering adventure what do you recommend?

What are your A) must haves  &  B) don't waste your time/money on  baby items.

We were given already from our nephews(my sister )
bins of clothes for every size.
Infant Car seat/stroller combo thingy.
High Chair
Clamp on table high chair.
Boppy
bouncy seat
Exersaucer
porta-crib
Changing table
Crib
Baby Towels/washcloths
Shopping cart cover ( she never used)


Things I know I do not want.
Fancy Diaper disposal system
wipes warmer
expensive crib bedding set... a few sheets & a breathable crib bumper are fine w/ this momma.

Anyone bought a baby bullet ( for making food ) or will I be fine w/ my food processor?

6 comments:

  1. Your food processor will be more than adequate. I would say you can never have enough receiving blankets (great for catching spit up) and lots of onesies. If you are disposable diapering, you'll want more newborn size diapers than you think you'll need. Oh, and a sleep sack or 3. Neither of my babies have liked the swaddlers at all, but their sleep sacks are essential. Sounds like you have everything else I consider essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...some of my favorites -
    - sleep sacks. Oh my E loved these and since you are having a winterish baby, I think they would come in handy. Are favorite were the halo ones. They have options where you can swaddle their arms or leave their arms out. E hated having her arms swaddled, so we just used the Velcro swaddle part to swaddle her stomach good.

    Sleep gowns that have elastic at the bottom. This would be the pajamas they would wear under the sleep sack. I loved, loved, loved the elastic at the bottom because everything would be covered up, but you didn't have to unbutton or unsnap to get at the diaper, you just pulled up the gown. Here is an example.

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gerber-Assorted-Newborn-Gowns-2-Pack/10880721

    I did like having a diaper disposal container. Some people don't need them because they just throw the diaper in the normal trash and the trash is emptied daily so it doesn't stink. Well, it could be 4-5 days before we need to empty our kitchen or bathroom trash and we didn't want to walk out to the front of the garage (detached) where are big trash containers are located every time we had to throw away a nasty diaper, so the diaper genie (the brand we have) worked great. We actually have two of them - one for upstairs and downstairs. We still use them every day.

    Good breast pump if you think you are going to need to pump. I liked my medala breast pump.

    Pack & Play with the bassinet feature. E slept in hers until she was 5 months old. I like not having to reach in so far to lay her down, she just slept in the bassinet part.

    Gas drops...we called it "baby crack" and they were worth there wait in gold. I liked the "little remedies" version you can get at any drugstore, babies r' us, etc.

    By the way, did I miss that you are having a boy? Or did your SIL just give you all the bins of boy clothes just in case?

    Oh, and register for books, books, and more books! You can never start reading to them too young. And they like to chew on the board books...so it will serve a dual purpose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are having a boy. We haven't told our family, for the sake of lots of naming pressure and a shower full of boys clothes.

      Delete
  3. Ugh...excuse all the typos...seriously...I will get better! :)

    ReplyDelete