Monday, September 2, 2013

Love hate relationship with the animals in our yard.

I planted 2 packets of sunflower seeds.. I should have had cut flowers for about a month. Instead the only 2 sunflowers that survived the Deer & Groundhogs of my yard were these 2.  None of the mammoth seeds I planted made it. ( the heads on a mammoth, can be 12"-18" across )



The groundhog, bunnies  made a mess of my veggie garden, that I'm so embarrassed to even take a picture of it.

I have to put netting across the whole thing, to keep the deer /birds /bunnies out. Someone made it over the 2 foot fence & had a field day w/ the netting & trampled all the tomatoes/ green beans/pumpkins  that were growing. then the groundhog got in.. & it's all history now.

Since they have ate their way thru the gardens, now they are starting on my container planters. (that are on the deck) Today I discovered the groundhog demolished the purple potato vine, but apparently doesn't like Coleus, because he has not touched that . 
 
This groundhog has been caught once already, that I know of, but someone let him go, while I was at work. I suspect he has been let out of the trap more than once.. I just want to relocate this guy to some nice woods away from our neighborhood when he's caught ( this weeks challenge)

No comments:

Post a Comment