Saturday, September 7, 2013

rant

My dear SIL had kid #5 about 20 days ago.  Even though  I am still bitter that someone who got married 2 months before us is having kid #5 & I barely have 1.   I(we)graciously sent a package last week, with a couple of cute outfits for her new daughter (she has 3 boys & only 1 girl before this one). We also got a bunch of goodies for the brothers & sister for quiet time, partly cuz I think homeschooling will be on the back burner for a few more weeks.

We found out in some text messages that were accidentally "reply all" that my SIL & BIL were given new I-PHones after the birth of #5.(from my in-laws) I would assume my in laws are paying the bills too, but who knows.   Yet my mother in law bawked at having a shower for me & hubs. she's like you guys have so much money, & so much stuff, you don't need a shower.

I kinda expect by now, that with a bunch of help that has been floating in & out of town helping them, that by now, we could at least have an e-mail, ( or text with their new phones) with the kids name/birthdate, etc. maybe even a picture.. ummm.. the kids name is not "traditional" so it might be nice to know how u are spelling it.

Give the phone to one of the kids & have them call & say thank you for the fun stuff, instead of my crazed SIL, who calls & rambles & is like well um we are planning on having a baptism (really) but doesn't know when & um I guess i'll have to call u back when I know more.. geee.. like what's your kids name. ( oh yea, she didn't even call me, she left a message on hubs work phone) she's like oh I got a new phone& don't have everyone's' phone #'s. gee maybe u should have transferred them.

Heck have one of the kids draw a picture  & send it to us, I seriously think, this may be the last baby we acknowledge.

My promise to blogger land, when peanut arrives, name, birth info will be posted, ASAP, not MONTHS later.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration. My 1 BIL tends to leave out lots of pertinent information and it drives me crazy! I cannot wait to see pictures of your peanut!

    ReplyDelete