I have been very wishy-washy lately. I can't make my mind up about much of nothing, but
Hypnobirthing has been the only thing I can say I am 100% happy about. Hubs was kinda skeptical
going into it. The first myth that got debunked right away, we are not going to be swinging a watch clock back & forth to "hypnotize" anyone. 2nd thing we were told, not all births happen like T LC shows. #3 Don't listen to stories about birth/take advice from others, sounds weird, but to keep you calm, they want you to create your own experience & not try to "live" up to others expectations, or do better than someone else.
We of course are the oldest couple in the class. One couple is 7 weeks away from their DD. they are actually taking the class, because they were freaked out after taking the hospitals recomended class. I can't imagine waiting that long to take a class. The other couples are ALL birthing with the same midwife group in a hospital setting(diferent than mine). The instructor really likes my doctor, saying he's very open to ALL birthing options. My doc also goes in 1 -2 times a year & speaks on NFP at this Hypno center. Now I'm interested to find out his C-Section rate
I read a little over half the Hypno book this past weekend. Pretty easy read, so far. I haven't worked on the breathing & relaxating CD's yet. Our instructor recommends taking the class early like 2nd trimester(unlike hospitals who want you to take classes 1-2 months before delivery) so you take the class early so that you can practice breathing & relaxation. I have a lot of questions to ask my doc this week, at my ultrasound I found out my placenta is in an anterior position & my uterus is still tipped in. Double reasons why i'm not "showing" at all. That's good though, cuz I still haven't found any maternity clothes I like & the consignment stores don't start taking "winter" clothes til Oct 1 & Oct 30 ( at the other store ) I will have to do with stretchy clothes from my closet for now.
Next class is tomorrow night, class is til 9:30 PM& it's a 45 minute (evening traffic) drive from our house. Not complaining just knowing i'm going to be tired on Wednesday.
Sounds fun and exciting! You're moving right along...closer to that due date.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are liking it!
ReplyDelete