I have survived 10 days.
Friday, I had a follow up w/ my doc. He is very sweet. He started & ended with a hug.
I was lucky enough to get some more "infection" related meds. Can you bet how thrilled I am.
He also prescribed me something for anxiety. Hubs & I had a long talk when I got home. He wasn't thrilled that I got the script filled, but I told him I would let him keep the pills, & if we both decided I needed them, then WE could decide together. He has fears/known too many people getting addicted to them. .. The other nice part of my appointment, I cleared my conscience. I told him one of the things dragging on my heart, was guilt. Guilt for not knowing, did I do all in my power to avoid the "negative" outcome. He assured me that it was in God's hands, and had I been in his office & my water broke the way it did, there would have been nothing he could have done to save Drew. We didn't get to talk about any of the test results, because not everything is back, so we meet with him in 4 weeks. I told him I didn't feel comfortable of talking about a "next time" cuz I just was too hurt & didn't know if I could endure that again. By the end of the appointment, I was open to discussing "next time" he just has that way of putting me at ease. We did talk a little how about a next time would go. ( meaning - a LOT - more appointments.) More bloodwork & more ultrasounds, progesterone support, circlage, etc. ( unless the bloodwork after losing Drew, shows something major) after my miscarriage, the tests showed nothing.......Ok, I'm done speculating what's going on..
Today Hubs & I worked together all day.. No crying all day! It's a yearly appointment, that had to be kept. I told him I think I can get thru the first day back to "my" work if he comes with me.. ( which can't happen )
Today is also the "anniversary" of us finding out we were pregnant w/ Sammy.. it's all a little too close to losing Drew.
K ... Love and prayers for you and your DH.
ReplyDeleteThanks A!
DeleteOh K, still praying for you and holding you close. I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.
ReplyDeleteThanks Marie.. Keep us in prayers tomorrow, it is Andrew's funeral..
DeleteStill praying for you. It took about a month to get the full pathology report re: Gregory...I pray you get some answers, but I'm sure you know...you may not. We simply got word that there was an "unknown infection" and there was nothing that could have saved him. Some days it feels okay, others it doesn't...but that's just the way of things I think.
ReplyDeleteTake care and I pray going back to work goes well. It was a hard day for me.
Thanks Michelle. I'm pretty confident that we won't have any answers with the pathology reports, but we meet with our doctor in November to go over everything. Today is Andrew's funeral. Thanks for all your prayers!
DeleteK, I think of you and pray for you every day.
ReplyDelete