While I sympathize with those being furloughed right now, I am glad that someone is standing up for our rights, doctors rights, and our conscience rights.
I understand what furlough is, I work in an automotive industry.. 4 years ago I had to take 8 weeks of furlough, not paid, we got no promise of pay, like the goverment workers now are, and YES, I had to work that entire time that I was "off ".
I've had to make some tough decisions in the hospital in the last week, and I thank God each & every day, that my doctors are able to practice with their conscience, and politics are not telling them how they must care for me. It's even harder for me to imagine, because at one point, I was faced with "specialist" who told me the best thing for me & my son, was to have an abortion. I don't care how many extra years of schooling this guy had, that was not best for me, nor best for my child. I already had to face the fact that my son was dying, but it was up to God to take him when he was ready, not a doctors decision.
My FIL is in meeting with people in DC tomorrow(senator type people) to remind them why conscience rights are so important, and to not give in. Please pray for our leaders that they make the right decisions.
Yes, I pray that our Drs. get to keep practicing medicine that is best for the patient! I hope your FIL is able to make an impact. Continued prayers for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI want the government going again ASAP... But I absolutely agree that I would rather hang out in limbo a while if it means that there's a chance that there can be protection of conscience, and pretty much if we could scrap the whole dang thing. From what I have seen (speaking as a healthcare provider), it's going to make healthcare much more INaccessible for people, despite its promises of the opposite.
ReplyDelete