Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Typo
I was discouraged when I saw this on our dioceses website in the marriage and family area.
couples who struggle with infertility have been successful in achieving pregnancies when artificial reproductive technologies have failed them.
It was in their explanation of NaPro Technology..
Is it just me, or does that make it appear that ART is ok ( I know it is not )
But if it (ART ) doesn't work, then try NaPro ?
Maybe that's why NaPro hasn't worked for me, because I haven't tried ART?
I'm not sure if this is standard wording from PPVI , or if the FCPI - fresh out of training, is the one who came up with this on her own.
I personally am not impressed with this FCPI. There are people on the FB group who are charting with her, who like her, but they are getting inaccurate info from her. I contacted her myself for something, and was not impressed, I won't be utilizing her services.
We we have a Fellowship trained NaPro surgeon 10 miles from her & she's never been in to meet her & tells her clients to go 250 miles away to a non-fellowship Family Practice doctor ( for a complex IF case ) NaPro consultant, for someone who needs surgery by an OBGYN. Total waste of time. I felt so sad for this lady, when I found out that her FCPI recommended she go there.
I'm too chicken to mention on the FB Group, because a couple of ladies there are wrapped around this FCPI's finger & one ladies husband works for the diocese where this is taking place, who is very outspoken.
This FCPI is fundraising to pay for her second half training. +Bless her for doing it, but I can't support someone like this +
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would try and contact her to let her know your concern about this wording. This does sounds a little like it's ok to do ART or doesn't address the grave evil some ART procedures are. If that doesn't work you can try and contact the education dept directly at the PPVI institute and her supervisor should be informed immediately. She should also be getting approval for any wording advertisement that is not a direct quote from PPVI, FCCA or AAFCP. Also remember she is an intern and she is new to the game so she is still learning, I made so many mistakes as an intern and I am glad I had my supervisor to check over everything I was doing with my clients.
ReplyDeleteWell the wording was changed ( a "little") to say now :couples who struggle with infertility have been successful in achieving pregnancies when artificial reproductive technologies were recommended elsewhere have failed them.
DeleteYeah, definitely try to contact someone (maybe submit a comment on the Fertility Care Centers website). I recently submitted a letter to Dr. Hilgers and the Fertility Care Centers of America with regards to a medical consultant that is listed on that website. I saw her a few times and she does not practice Napro whatsoever. I made a comment on the FB group one time and someone spoke up in support for her. It was later that others privately messaged me and encouraged me to send a letter to Hilgers explaining my experience with her, etc. Things are still in process of review, but I have a feeling she will be removed from the website. I know this is a different situation than the one you are talking about, but definitely contact someone to let them know what she is doing. I just kept thinking of all the people that might go see this doctor and knew I had to do something. I'll be praying for you as you contemplate what to do.
ReplyDeleteWell the wording was changed ( a "little") to say now :couples who struggle with infertility have been successful in achieving pregnancies when artificial reproductive technologies were recommended elsewhere have failed them. I might still contact PPVI, becuase I don't feel this is a good representation of NaPro or Creighton Model.
DeleteI wouldn't support her either and wow...that statement is sending a very wrong message. At least you and some of us know better!
ReplyDelete