Saturday, May 3, 2014

St. Jude



The Prayer to St Jude

O most holy apostle, Saint Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honoureth and invoketh thee universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, and of things almost despaired of.

Pray for me, who am so miserable. Make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded to thee, to bring visible and speedy help where help was almost despaired of.

Come to mine assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolation and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity.

I promise thee, O blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favour, to always honour thee as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to thee.




I will be praying this & asking for someone to help me show restraint.

The party, that I am not helping plan, is tomorrow.

The party, I am not excited to attend.
The party my drunk BIL will be at, who causes all the drama in the family. We only agreed to go, because he wasn't coming into town. Well conviently because of FB, we found out he arrived yesterday. Not happy that the in-laws lied about him coming.
I will bite my tongue, but will be wearing comfortable shoes, in case I need to walk the 2.5 miles home, if things get crazy.
The party is being held at a pub, somehow they think people won't drink, because it's a brunch? What Irish people not drink at a pub? are you crazy?

I will most likely be playing a lot of solitaire on my phone. So hopefully you guys have some interesting comments to keep me entertained.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, sounds like this could be one of my family's crazy drama parties! I will offer up some prayers on your behalf. I always think of Mary when I need restraint, what restraint she must had when the apostles didn't "get it" or people were killing her son. That is who I think of when I need to bite my tongue but most of the time I still give a look or say something, I have a long way to go.

    I also think it's hilarious they think ppl won't drink at a pub! It's a pub people it's for drinking and talking! I can't drink beer but I would so order hard cider if I were at a pub or some whiskey and I only occasionally drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs did not start the day off well, when he was trying to rush me out the door way too early. I played games on my phone most of the time, because my husband likes to wander & not hold my hand.. soo I plunked down in a chair & amused myself. SIL decided to make a Powerpoint presentation of pictures. Would have been nice, but she has no idea how to use start the slide show. So instead of using the Help screen, or asking for HELP, she had her husband sitting there clicking thru screen after screen. The food wasn't even good. After 3 long hours we got to leave.!!!

      Delete
  2. I hope this event went okay. It can be so difficult to feel isolated from your family, in-laws and otherwise, because of circumstances beyond your control. I'm sure Jude was watching over you closely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is they suffered from Infertility long time ago.. but you would never know now, because they totally treat us different than the "fertile" siblings.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I really hope it went well. I'm so sorry about all the drama. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete