I can't believe we'll be 10 weeks tomorrow.
My appointment this week went well. I just had bacterial cultures re-run, to see if the infection is gone. My guess no, but hey I don't grow them in petri dishes. If I come back positive again, another round of antibiotics & then testing again. If it comes back then, they will do testing to see what antibodies it is resitant to & change up antibiotics.
Had a quick little exam ( since I was there ) to feel my Cervix. All was good. Had a talk with the Dr. about the Anxieties I get about going to his office ( well the "R" office ). My BP was a little elevated, after waiting 30 minutes to get in a room. Then the tech asked me, my LMP. I was kinda confused, but gave it to her anyways. She then said, do you normally have this long of cycles. Facepalm! I said dear ( shouldn't have said dear, but oh well ) I'm pregnant. OH! confused look. Oh, I didn't see that in the chart.. I told you about the first ultrasound when the tech asked me how my "son" was doing. So I mentioned these to my DR. who did a facepalm! literally ! I told him very frankly that he is AWESOME. the staff in this office needs some improving. He didn't disagree. He said to me, our office should be a source of comfort and make you feel safe. I told him the ladies ( nurses over in Hi-Risk OB at the hospital, all said yours is the practice they all go to, but all recommend going to the "other" office. ( smaller, seasoned staff, comfy homey, but they have no ultrasound machine ). He said we will get better at this.
Anways, so I booked the first month of weekly ultrasounds & cervix checks. He also told the scheduler ( I had the last appt of the day - so no one else around ). Lucky will get double booked if needed, she has to be here every week & with him. We at least got all the appts timed together, he explained the summer is crazy, with everyone ( doctors / staff ) taking vacation(s) so the fall/winter will get better for appt times opening up.
Well I get next week off ( no appts ) then Week 11 starts every week appts.
FORWARN TMI ----
So the nausea is OKAY.. we'll see how it does on a road trip in 2 weeks. I'm having a rough time with BM and being constipated. I guess i'm going to have to invest in some fiber things & softening products, otherwise this is going to be a long 7 months. Allergies are killing me, the only OTC I can take doesn't do anything.
In other news, I told my immediate boss the other day. He was very "cool" with it, i didn't go into a whole lot of details. I just said I have a lot of appts, coming up, like weekly, sometimes twice weekly. He said do what you need to do, told me not to get stressed about work. ( his wife is an OBGYN) so I was kinda freaked to tell, Never did the last time ( i didn't show at my 21 weeks yet ) so it was a shocker to call him when I was in the hospital to say I'd be out for a bit.
All for now, we are going to watch my nephews baseball game tonight. .
I am glad your Dr. told the scheduler what needs to happen so they dont question when you are persistent. I can't believe that nurse, really you didn't even look at the chart to see I am pregnant?! Facepalm for sure. Continued prayers for you and baby!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your doctor is taking such good care of you. You'd think he'd be able to get a decent staff though! Have you tried a Netipot for allergies? That's my go-to item during pregnancy...and sea-sick bands. Both worked wonders for me, but I know they don't for everyone.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking for a netipot tonight.. when it comes time for bed, I am super congested.
DeletePrayers that baby keeps growing!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness that the doctor was so nice and reassuring! The staff sounds a little ridiculous, honestly.
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad that you talked to the dr. about his staff. Ridiculous! Glad to hear that things are going well other than that.
ReplyDeleteSooooo glad to hear things are going so well for you!!!! Well, as well as those first weeks can go :) Glad the nausea is under control and as for the digestive issues, that can be seriously rough! Prune juice has been a constant companion. I'm glad your boss was so cool about everything... I have still not told a soul here at work (I'm too chicken!) but I need to soon, because my belly is telling the world for me these days. Prayers that everything continues smoothly!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI felt very relieved after telling my boss. I was also using up way to many vacation days for all my Dr. Appts. I did tell him that I am only telling him & it was not something I wanted announced to everyone yet. I have a tipped uterus, so I won't "pop" for a long while.
DeleteGlad to hear its going well--prayers for you and baby!!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear your pregnancy updates. I'm so glad things are movin' right along!
ReplyDelete