Sunday, July 5, 2015
IF story
So someone in our family shared our IF /Loss story with a Cardinal recently.
The intent was asking for his prayers for us.
Our family member put in the note to the cardinal; because of their ages being 41-- time is of the essence.
The Secretary for this cardinal ( a nun ) said she would also include is in her prayers, and ask for the intercession of St. Gianna Beretta Molla.
I soo dislike that once I turned 40 ( 6 months ago ) everything seems to be a ticking time bomb.
When I met with the geneticist a few short weeks ago, she made me feel like I was ancient ( in her 26 year old mind, I probably was ) but also that my child, will likely have all these issues, because of my age..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that whole worrying about the baby having a problem because of maternal age is a silly reason not to try. I know what the stats are. But would that stop me? No indeed. I also know a lot of babies who were born to moms in their 40s who are perfectly normal. My mom had a Down's baby at 33...and two normal births at 40 and 42. I'm sorry you feel so pressed for time. I hope that God hears and answers these prayers soon!
ReplyDeleteMy SIL had one of our nieces at 38 and the other after 40. Both are healthy beautiful girls w/ out any issues. Prayers for you.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete