Thursday, July 30, 2015

Slow Cooker Meal

I will be honest, I don't use my slower cooker that much. My husband ate a lot of casserole & slow cooker meals growing up, lots O'siblings + hockey practice... He won't even touch anything made with cream-of-anything soup from that experience.

This is one of my favorites to make for a crowd..  ( asked for at my work potluck every year )



Pulled Pork
Ingredients:

Pork Tenderloin 2-4 lbs ( depending on how many you are cooking for )

2 liter of Root Beer or Dr. Pepper or Faygo Rock-n-Rye

18oz Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, for every 2 lbs of Pork.

Buns-- We like to get Hawaiian sweet rolls for them.

How to:
As I said I normally  make for work potlucks ( so I am taking with me at 7:30 am )
So I would start at bedtime by putting the pork in the cooker, cover with desired Pop. Let cook all night. I usually do high, then sometime during the night switch to Low.  By the morning, it is falling apart. I drain off the liquid ( saving about 1/2 cup ). I shred the pork with 2 forks. It should be falling apart by this time. Put  all including liquid back in the slow cooker on Warm.. mix in the BBQ sauce.. and leave on Warm til serving ( lunch time )

Simple easy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment